Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on January 21, 2016, 05:24:21 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 21, 2016, 04:59:38 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 21, 2016, 04:53:21 PM
I have to admit about the only TV I watch (other than TWD on AMC and the HOTT traffic report girl on the local morning Fox news) is Animal Planet with a sprinkle of Discovery/Nat Geo/History.

Heh, my wife got me into watching My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet.  :D

I read the wiki on that and to me most of what he's saying seems common sense if you've been around animals and cats.  :hmm:

The fun in that show is seeing the insanity of the cat's owners.  :D

Favorite example: man's long-term GF moves into man's apt.; man's cat starts to attack her viciously. Man's reaction: 'if you can't figure out how to get them to live together, I guess the woman has to go'  :hmm: . Bonus feature: the woman is feeding the cat; the cat bites her; she curses, mildly. Man's reaction: "don't swear at my cat!  :mad: ".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Malthus on January 21, 2016, 05:37:17 PM

Favorite example: man's long-term GF moves into man's apt.; man's cat starts to attack her viciously. Man's reaction: 'if you can't figure out how to get them to live together, I guess the woman has to go'  :hmm: . Bonus feature: the woman is feeding the cat; the cat bites her; she curses, mildly. Man's reaction: "don't swear at my cat!  :mad: ".

I wonder how much they paid Seedy for the episode.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on January 21, 2016, 05:37:17 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 21, 2016, 05:24:21 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 21, 2016, 04:59:38 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 21, 2016, 04:53:21 PM
I have to admit about the only TV I watch (other than TWD on AMC and the HOTT traffic report girl on the local morning Fox news) is Animal Planet with a sprinkle of Discovery/Nat Geo/History.

Heh, my wife got me into watching My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet.  :D

I read the wiki on that and to me most of what he's saying seems common sense if you've been around animals and cats.  :hmm:

Yeah, children and adults get on with new cat, like naturals isn't going to entertain many.

Here the fashion of the moment seems to be shows about people with odd medical problems or extreme body modifications.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on January 21, 2016, 05:42:33 PM
Here the fashion of the moment seems to be shows about people with odd medical problems or extreme body modifications.  :hmm:

Two types of shows that are all over the place here: (1) insane bridezillas picking out wedding dresses (like "Say Yes to the Dress"); and (2) the lives of the gigantically fat (like "My 600 Pound Life").  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 21, 2016, 05:41:48 PM
I wonder how much they paid Seedy for the episode.

:lol:

Well, the woman wasn't actually chained up ...

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 21, 2016, 05:08:20 PM

That I don't watch. :lol:

Off the top of my head, I watch: Tanked, Tree House Masters, Finding Bigfoot, River Monsters, Gator Boys. Good stuff to "watch" while I work on the computer.
<_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Danish critics are unanimously giving the Revenant 6 out of 6 stars calling it "freakishly realistic". That was one of the flaws I thought it had that it was not very realistic considering that it was based on a true story about survival. :huh:

Katmai, as a wilderness (you may call it Alaska) expert, how realistic is it?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Haven;t seen it yet, picked Big Short for today's viewing.

Admiral Yi

Big Short looks like the kind of movie that's custom made for watching on TV.

lustindarkness

Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2016, 06:48:44 PM

Off the top of my head, I watch: Tanked, Tree House Masters, Finding Bigfoot, River Monsters, Gator Boys. Good stuff to "watch" while I work on the computer.
<_<

I have seen the commercials for Dr. Dee, does that count?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

But have you seen Alaskan Women Looking For Love? It's Katmai's first gig in front of the camera.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Liep: do they ever explain in the movie what Revenant means?

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 21, 2016, 07:47:17 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2016, 06:48:44 PM

<_<

I have seen the commercials for Dr. Dee, does that count?
No, as had total of three shows on Animal Planet air in 2015

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2016, 08:13:20 PM
Liep: do they ever explain in the movie what Revenant means?
ghost.  I think it's an english word too.  It used in french sometimes, instead of fantôme.
they tought he was dead, yet he came back, hence the title of the movie.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

So what the hell is going on with this Oscars stuff?
Surely the reason mostly white people are in the running is that mostly white people had the worthy roles this year. Because many were based on real pepole.
██████
██████
██████