News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

We did do dubbing once. I remember watching many Swedish children shows where they'd kept the Swedish original at low volume but then have one narrator translating all the dialogue a few seconds delayed. I didn't mind then, but if I had to watch it today I think I'd go mental.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

Sicario
One more proof that Hollywood can make great movies when it hires external talent! ;)

The non verbal play is wonderful, how Emily Blunt transmits her emotions without speaking, how Villeneuve lets the scnenes speak for themselves, how the music and the sound make the atmosphere incredible, everything works.
Highly recommended.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

it was my favorite film from last year.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Bridge of Spies. Very well crafted, but a bit slow and unexciting.

Admiral Yi

Think I'll watch The Revenant tonight.

Tonitrus

The Caine Mutiny.

Rare to see Fred MacMurry playing a delightfully despicable character.  Represents well the intellectual (thinks they're smarter than everyone else) , jaded, ultra-negative personality that can be seen oftentimes in the military (I worry about being one of those  :P ), and the poisonous influence that negativity can have.

Also, while watching the film, I wonder which character would be grumbler. :hmm:  :P

Admiral Yi

So, The Revenant.

[spoiler]First the positives.  The bear fight scene is totally fucking badass.  It honest to God looks like that bear is beating the living shit out of poor Leo.  The timing and suspense on the action scenes is perfect.  I'm thinking of the opening attack on the camp scene in particular.  The scenery is breathtaking.  The avalanche is awesome.

The negatives.  Leo bounces up from his death bed kind of easily.  Soldiers from the War of 1812 are killing natives and French voyageurs are competing for pelts in the northern Rockies??  [/spoiler]

I'm glad I saw it, but it's not no Danish 6/6.

Martinus

Jada Pinkett Smith talking about no black people being nominated for Oscars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqA_e-NfYFg

Sorry, but this is a crazy person.  :huh:

Jaron

Crazy to a white person. To any reasonable person of color it is a perfectly sound statement.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Don't let him off so easy, she didn't sound crazy at all.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Her cadence etc. looks crazy. It's like she was channeling Fish from Gotham.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 24, 2016, 02:12:01 AM
So, The Revenant.

[spoiler]First the positives.  The bear fight scene is totally fucking badass.  It honest to God looks like that bear is beating the living shit out of poor Leo.  The timing and suspense on the action scenes is perfect.  I'm thinking of the opening attack on the camp scene in particular.  The scenery is breathtaking.  The avalanche is awesome.

The negatives.  Leo bounces up from his death bed kind of easily.  Soldiers from the War of 1812 are killing natives and French voyageurs are competing for pelts in the northern Rockies??  [/spoiler]

I'm glad I saw it, but it's not no Danish 6/6.

[spoiler]I thought the bear scene went from awesome to a little comical as it went on. And yes, that opening was just perfect.[/spoiler]

Explain the last sentence!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on January 23, 2016, 12:53:57 PM
You scandos are weird people.

Can't be just us, I'm watching Mr. Robot at the moment and it's full of subtitles translating Danish into English!