Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 01, 2015, 08:13:54 PM
Russian superhero movie! :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3_hDDDXSc&feature=player_embedded
Some concept art

It will never get off the ground - not one of them looks like Putin.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2015, 09:53:31 AM
The Birth of a Nation. I laughed.

I liked the scene where the entire reconstruction legislature was black and they were all eating chicken and dancing around and taking their shoes off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2015, 08:26:17 AM

I liked the scene where the entire reconstruction legislature was black and they were all eating chicken and dancing around and taking their shoes off.

The funny thing is, that would have been an improvement over the Detroit City Council under Kwame.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tonitrus

Quote from: Malthus on April 02, 2015, 08:23:44 AM

Some concept art

Most of the comments are seriously lambasting the trailer as a "shitty Hollywood ripoff", but mostly in the sense that it does not feel sufficiently Russian.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2015, 08:26:17 AM

And the vote to require wearing shoes. HAHAHAHA
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 02, 2015, 10:02:34 AM
Quote from: Malthus on April 02, 2015, 08:23:44 AM

Some concept art

Most of the comments are seriously lambasting the trailer as a "shitty Hollywood ripoff", but mostly in the sense that it does not feel sufficiently Russian.

Actually what struck me is the positive view of science the trailer had. They're doing these experiments on purpose and they work! In any Hollywood movie, experiments like that would fail in a horrible way or transform the victim into a twisted supervillain. Given Russia's well known pessimism and love of tragedy, it seemed an odd juxtaposition.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 01, 2015, 02:10:00 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 31, 2015, 01:49:28 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 31, 2015, 01:43:50 PM
Every new Mad Max trailer seems crazier and furiouser than the last. Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8

I wonder if anyone has ever released a trailer that was nothing but a bunch of shit exploding.  ;)

There are entire movies like that.
They usually get an A- from the leading South Carolinian film critics, A if the producer managed to raid a closet from the Edith Head estate.

Oddly, in the past week I watched a TCM theatrical presentation of Rear Window as well as The Incredibles at home. :lol:

Joan hates the visual arts and also the collaborative arts.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

I watched Operation Petticoat.  An old fav of mine.
PDH!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2015, 07:31:01 PM
Oddly, in the past week I watched a TCM theatrical presentation of Rear Window as well as The Incredibles at home. :lol:

Joan hates the visual arts and also the collaborative arts.

Don't be so touchy, I was talking about the other leading South Carolinian movie critic.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

There can only be one.

Plus hopefully (?) I'll be in Pennsylvania soon, living in a hellhole the big city.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2015, 08:42:18 PM
There can only be one.

Plus hopefully (?) I'll be in Pennsylvania soon, living in a hellhole the big city.

I thought you were thinking about Pittsburgh.  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Furious 7 is actually a real good movie. Fun, with ridiculous stunts/action,  good dose of funny, and they did not get too cheesy with the end/goodbye Paul.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 02, 2015, 09:34:23 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2015, 08:42:18 PM
There can only be one.

I thought you were thinking about Pittsburgh.  :huh:

It's pretty big.
Kinemalogue