Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm watching The Warriors again.
Such a great film.
How did it go unheralded for so long?

Quote from: KRonn on April 03, 2015, 01:03:56 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 03, 2015, 10:25:08 AM
Caught up to ep 9 of Better Call Saul.

[spoiler]I expected he would go on to lose the case to Hamelin - he can't succeed in this kind of big respectable case if he's gonna become Saul Goodman. I sort of expected the brother to betray him (seemed the only way he could lose the case), so the events didn't really come as a surprise to me, but the depth of Chuck's double-facedness and disdain was unexpected. I hope this is the kick up the arse Jim needs to become Saul. Also, Mike rocks.[/spoiler]

I agree with you [spoiler] on the progression of Mike's career into Saul Goodman that this case would cause when he got betrayed. He's basically been told by his brother, and others, that he's not worthy of being a good, respectable lawyer. I was surprised at his brother's double dealing though, but did feel that the guys at Hamelin would  find some way to shut him out. Mike does rock, yeah. That's a whole interesting part of this show, a separate story line but which will mesh together at times for some entertaining mayhem. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Its a tough show in that way really. We're all rooting for him yet ultimately we know he will fail and where he will end up.[/spoiler]
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on April 03, 2015, 01:26:15 PM
I'm watching The Warriors again.
Such a great film.
How did it go unheralded for so long?

Quote from: KRonn on April 03, 2015, 01:03:56 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 03, 2015, 10:25:08 AM
Caught up to ep 9 of Better Call Saul.

[spoiler]I expected he would go on to lose the case to Hamelin - he can't succeed in this kind of big respectable case if he's gonna become Saul Goodman. I sort of expected the brother to betray him (seemed the only way he could lose the case), so the events didn't really come as a surprise to me, but the depth of Chuck's double-facedness and disdain was unexpected. I hope this is the kick up the arse Jim needs to become Saul. Also, Mike rocks.[/spoiler]

I agree with you [spoiler] on the progression of Mike's career into Saul Goodman that this case would cause when he got betrayed. He's basically been told by his brother, and others, that he's not worthy of being a good, respectable lawyer. I was surprised at his brother's double dealing though, but did feel that the guys at Hamelin would  find some way to shut him out. Mike does rock, yeah. That's a whole interesting part of this show, a separate story line but which will mesh together at times for some entertaining mayhem. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Its a tough show in that way really. We're all rooting for him yet ultimately we know he will fail and where he will end up.[/spoiler]

Yeah, definitely.

[spoiler]The show draws its strength by showing us that Jimmy doesn't want to become what we know he'll eventually become. It will be a personal failure for him, but nobody around him is willing to give him the chance. [/spoiler]

Eddie Teach

Revisited Natural Born Killers. An ugly little movie. At times it feels like a poor imitation of Tarantino or Lynch, but with a much more mocking tone.

I think I kinda liked it the first time around. Teenagers.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 04, 2015, 06:05:03 AM
Revisited Natural Born Killers. An ugly little movie. At times it feels like a poor imitation of Tarantino or Lynch, but with a much more mocking tone.

I think I kinda liked it the first time around. Teenagers.  :rolleyes:

Tarantino wrote the original draft, so hardly surprising it reminds you of Tarantino :p

garbon

Insurgent

A nonsensical series continues to be nonsensical. :hmm:

I'd say this one was more fun though as unlike the first it didn't spend most of the film on exposition.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Help me choose a movie for tonight - Winter Soldier or Interstellar.

Eddie Teach

Winter Soldier was highly mediocre. Haven't seen Interstellar yet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Winter Soldier passes the time in an okay manner. Plus it has that dude who played gay in that miniseries Political Animals.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I thought Winter Soldier was better than mediocre.

Admiral Yi

Little bit of 22 Jump Street i caught last night looked pretty retarded.

Martinus

Or I could just re-watch Life of Brian and follow with Life Aquatic.  :hmm:

Sheilbh

22 Jump Street is a wonderful film and Channing Tatum is a saint :ultra:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 04, 2015, 12:25:05 PM

I'll file this in the "Huckabee for president" folder.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2015, 12:26:08 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 04, 2015, 12:25:05 PM

I'll file this in the "Huckabee for president" folder.

I'm with Sheilbh though perhaps only because it brought us that trailer with Tatum doing the dick graze.

Sheilbh

I went to see it in the cinema. It's the only time I've seen a film get a standing ovation (possibly just for the credits sequence which is outstanding).

And Tatum's just a very winning man.
Let's bomb Russia!