And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Heh, that's new.  What did Cel do?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2014, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 26, 2014, 01:49:54 PM
Cowboy Bebop is Ossum. I defy you Seedy.

Noted and catalogued accordingly.

With pride. Cowboy Bebop is Ossum.

It's Blade Runner meets Firefly with the opening credits from Archer.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2014, 04:51:49 PM
Heh, that's new.  What did Cel do?

I have to go back and research, but I'm pretty sure it was something incredibly stupid.

Sheilbh

Dirk Bogarde was a wonderful, admirable man and a very great actor.

Death in Venice remains a startlingly beautiful film, 40 years on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeAos94a-fw

Also superb in A Bridge Too Far.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Left Behind: World at War.

Lolz.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 26, 2014, 06:13:03 PM
Dirk Bogarde was a wonderful, admirable man and a very great actor.

I like him, too, but you must agree that you are British, and I am American. :P

QuoteDeath in Venice remains a startlingly beautiful film, 40 years on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeAos94a-fw

Also superb in A Bridge Too Far.

I really want to watch his Fassbinder film but it's nigh-on unavailable. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Oh, and Sheilbh, I didn't mention it in the review because no one else would care or know what I was talking about, but the kid playing Barrett in Victim looks a lot like you. :o
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2014, 07:08:36 PM
Oh, and Sheilbh, I didn't mention it in the review because no one else would care or know what I was talking about, but the kid playing Barrett in Victim looks a lot like you. :o
:o You flatter me!

But honestly I've realised, looking at the pics from my latest holiday, that I've put on weight. So I'm starting a pretty ascetic exercise and diet regimen soon :contract:

He was also in Blessed Joe Orton's Entertaining Mr Sloane which for a film made only 9 years after Victim shows a rather different vision of sexuality (and was, incidentally, filmed about five minutes from my flat):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0C7jgJnJfk

Edit: Just looked it up. The play was 1964 which is even more surprising :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Meatballs. It was cute.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 26, 2014, 07:17:41 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2014, 07:08:36 PM
:o You flatter me!

:hug:

QuoteBut honestly I've realised, looking at the pics from my latest holiday, that I've put on weight. So I'm starting a pretty ascetic exercise and diet regimen soon :contract:

It happens to the best of us, and also me. :(

Would you like me to help shame you?

QuoteHe was also in Blessed Joe Orton's Entertaining Mr Sloane which for a film made only 9 years after Victim shows a rather different vision of sexuality (and was, incidentally, filmed about five minutes from my flat):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0C7jgJnJfk

Looks like good clean mid-60s fun.  Those pants. :lol:

(Well, it's got to be more enjoyable than the fucking Graduate. :grr: )
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2014, 07:56:26 PM
Would you like me to help shame you?
Thanks, but I don't need it.

The fact that I'd probably get done for fraud if I used Grindr (etc) with my old picture is enough shaming :P

Edit: Though I'm happy to recipricate and help/fat-shame you if ever it's needed.
Let's bomb Russia!

LaCroix

Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2014, 07:56:26 PMIt happens to the best of us, and also me. :(

i accidentally lost ten pounds over the summer.  :weep:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 26, 2014, 07:50:05 PM
Meatballs. It was cute.

Everybody talked about that at the school cafeteria table and I had to pretend I knew what they were talking about, because I was never allowed to see movies like that as a kid.

I think I knew more about movies he had never seen than any other 5th grader in history.

Ed Anger

In addition to watching whatever I wanted(mostly), my parents got me the guns of Naverone playset.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

The Romanovs got theirs in the end, too.