News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on December 13, 2012, 10:42:54 AM
Anybody watching The Hobbit this weekend? I'm getting tickets today for Saturday night.
will go catch matinee of it tomorrow
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

I remember that back in 2001 when the first LOTR movie opened I was super pumped to it for days. Now with this one...I'm slightly underwhelmed. Let's hope for the best.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on December 13, 2012, 10:42:54 AM
Anybody watching The Hobbit this weekend? I'm getting tickets today for Saturday night.

This Saturday.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

In 2001 I went to the first showing of LOTR (no midnight showing back then). I'm going to wait for the dvd release.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Watched a Raoul Wallenberg documentary. Oh, those Russians.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Not seeing hte Hobbit.  I don't know how they managed to make that book into three movies. 
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 14, 2012, 12:02:57 PM
Not seeing hte Hobbit.  I don't know how they managed to make that book into three movies. 

:yes:

Although I understand how the managed it - poor scriptwriting/editing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Much like a certain poster Jackson movies are horribly bloated retarded monstrosities.

Admiral Yi

:blink:  Seriously? The Hobbit is three separate movies?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 14, 2012, 12:14:05 PM

Yep :blink: :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Shareholder value surprises you?

viper37

The books are short, but there is considerable material in the annex of the LOTR books.  "the book is better" fanboys takes a new turn: this time, they slam the movie for taking everything into consideration instead of cutting content.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2012, 01:44:19 PM
The books are short, but there is considerable material in the annex of the LOTR books.  "the book is better" fanboys takes a new turn: this time, they slam the movie for taking everything into consideration instead of cutting content.

Well, to be fair, adding everything in the appendecies etc. may not make for a well-paced story. I'm reserving judgment until I see the thing.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Brain on December 14, 2012, 12:36:27 PM

:D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on December 14, 2012, 12:36:27 PM

:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)