And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2012, 11:21:01 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2012, 11:55:54 PM
The Aston Martin indicates the existence of some kind of stable time loop.

The Aston Martin indicates branding for English-made automobiles in an English-based movie franchise.
Remember when they used BMW?  Didn't go over too well in a nation that still remembers the Blitz.

Stable time loop.  :rolleyes:
Exploding pen?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

I certainly hope it's better than that atrocious one a couple years ago.

The Lone Ranger trailers look awesome, and Johnny Depp looks like a badass Tonto;  I hope Disney doesn't fuck it all up.

Sheilbh

A Royal Affair.

Danish period piece.  Rigorous in its morals and politics.  Doesn't give in to the easy impulse of a romantic story of heaving bodices, or of an enlightened liberal hero.  Both of those versions aren't sustained in the film which is more complex and difficult.  Brilliant.  Well-shot.  Mads Mikkelsen and Alicia Vikander are particularly strong.
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2012, 10:00:22 PM

The Lone Ranger trailers look awesome, and Johnny Depp looks like a badass Tonto;  I hope Disney doesn't fuck it all up.

They will, they will rename it something bad, like "The Indian and that Masked Guy" to ensure a box-office flop
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Kleves

First Pacific Rim trailer out. I have to admit, I am going a bit Timmy over this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKz7WnU83E. Though the GLaDOS voice is a bit odd.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 22, 2012, 07:01:12 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2012, 06:57:55 AM
Speaking of Tarantino.

Reservoir Dogs is 20 years old.

I feel old.

Pfft.  I remember watching Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory in the theater.  Now that's a big steaming scoop of some old right there.  AND BY GOLLY WE LIKED IT
My Dad's favorite movie. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on December 12, 2012, 10:23:36 PM
First Pacific Rim trailer out. I have to admit, I am going a bit Timmy over this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKz7WnU83E. Though the GLaDOS voice is a bit odd.

Hate to see the Air Boss on that carrier.  WTF IS THAT DOING ON MY DECK

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2012, 10:00:22 PM

Oh man, I was just reading how Dwight Yoakam was originally slated to play Butch Cavendish, but pulled out due to scheduling conflicts and was replaced by William Fichtner.
That would've been awesome.  :(

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 12, 2012, 08:52:53 PM
http://youtu.be/KVu3gS7iJu4

Newest trailer for Man of Steel.

They do know this is a comic book character right?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 12, 2012, 08:52:53 PM
http://youtu.be/KVu3gS7iJu4

Newest trailer for Man of Steel.
Outrageous, Jonathon Kent would never say that!  :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Queen of Versailles- Interesting and very well timed documentary. Starts being about a rich couple boasting of their life style and generally being very tacky as they built a recreation of the palace of versailles in the US....then the financial crisis pops up and  timeshare company they got their millions from goes to pot. In many ways they try to continue their wealthy life style but the cracks can be seen.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 12, 2012, 10:06:19 PM
A Royal Affair.

Danish period piece.  Rigorous in its morals and politics.  Doesn't give in to the easy impulse of a romantic story of heaving bodices, or of an enlightened liberal hero.  Both of those versions aren't sustained in the film which is more complex and difficult.  Brilliant.  Well-shot.  Mads Mikkelsen and Alicia Vikander are particularly strong.

I once sang karaoke with the guy who plays king in that movie, excellent performer even back then. He doesn't hold his liquor very well though, but a fun guy.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Anybody watching The Hobbit this weekend? I'm getting tickets today for Saturday night.