News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 09, 2012, 12:36:20 AM
Man, Dune sure does suck a lot more than I remembered.

EXPOSITORY MONOLOGUE: THE MOVIE.

Cool sound, though.

Needed more Virginia Madsen in her hot princess costume.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Virginia Madsen in her prime, yummy.

Hell, I'd bang her now.  Always was an underrated hottie.

Ed Anger

Oh Ide, don't bother with the dune mini series they made recently.

Ideologue

Seems reasonable.

I liked Francesca Annis as Jessica Superwomb or whatever her name was.  I went the whole movie thinking she was kinda miscast as a grown-ass man's mother, but she really was approaching 40 at the time.  Holy shit, that's good upkeep.

Virginia Madsen was hot too, sure.  Also let's not forget Sean Young.  What the hell ever happened to Sean Young?  She was in Blade Runner, she was in this, and she was in the not well-remembered but also not-bad Nicolas Cage-Top Gun-with-helicopter-gunships vehicle Firebirds.  Then she fell off the face of the Earth?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Didn't Sean Young go completely insane at some point?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on December 09, 2012, 03:43:37 PM
Didn't Sean Young go completely insane at some point?

She didn't go Lois Lane or Anne the Lesbian level of nutto.  She just went a little over the top lobbying for the Cat Woman role.

Admiral Yi

Watched part of a 30 for 30 last night about pro athletes playing for six to ten years, piling up 50 million career earnings, then declaring bankruptcy two years after they retire.  Amazing the number of guys who have gone this route.  Almost like a job requirement.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, saw that one a few weeks ago.  It's almost parallel to the number of big lottery winners that go bust in a matter of years:  poor advice, poor money management, too many hanger-ons.   You'd think agents would make sure these guys, the moment they sign a contract, they'd be sitting down with somebody from JP Morgan or some other wealth management company.  But they don't.

Sorta sad what Bernie said;  you know when you're finally broke, because everybody stops calling anymore.  Family, friends, everybody.

Admiral Yi

The thing that was hinted at, but not formally stated, is that they all knock up a lot of hos and get gigantor child support orders.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, they pay through the nose for a shitload of baby mommas, going all the way back to high school.  Some of those guys have enough kids for a starting five by the time they get to Draft Day.

Quite frankly, considering some of the dollars involved, it's surprising there haven't been more Rae Carruths in major league sports.

Ed Anger

Andre Rison was still pimpin'

CountDeMoney

That's only because the bitch is dead.  If she were still alive, he'd be in jail or on a corner with pencils in a tin cup.

Ed Anger

She got what she deserved.

Admiral Yi

Also saw most of another sports documentary, Hoops Dreams style, about four Senagalese kids wanting to play round ball in the States.  One kid made it to You Dub, one to Virginia.  One got dealt Roanoke College ( :() and one got some no name school in South Dakota ( :( :().

CountDeMoney

Senagalese in South Dakota?  Damn.  Talk about a stranger in a strange land.

What's with the frowny over Roanoke?  I heard it was a hardcore little drinky-fucky party school.  Probably got more ass down there than a Senegalese public toilet ditch.