News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

That's pretty sick. And GF thinks it was a slow episode.

[spoiler]The main female lead was EATEN[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

She was already gone, there was no need for it.

Altho, I think I find it slow because I find everything happenning in Woodsboring...well boring. Maybe next week will be better.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: katmai on November 13, 2012, 09:02:55 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 13, 2012, 08:55:13 AM
The show has started to slow down again. :(

STFU Francis.
New kids always mean the end of a show, you know this :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 13, 2012, 09:45:29 AM
She was already gone, there was no need for it.

Altho, I think I find it slow because I find everything happenning in Woodsboring...well boring. Maybe next week will be better.

I agree about Woodsboring. I prefer the prison stuff.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on November 13, 2012, 10:23:12 AM

That's only because the curtain hasn't gone up yet on the Governor's Big Plan(tm).  Not that I know the story since I didn't read the comics, but I think something seriously sinister is cooking with that psychopath.  Fucking southerners.

Rick's gone off the reservation, but that final scene was an awesome cliffhanger for next week.  The look on his face [spoiler]when the phone rang[/spoiler].  :lol:

Also, [spoiler]I'm glad Michonne got her sword back and walked like a motherfucker.  Teaser for next week she meets up with Merle in the woods.  Hope she banzais his redneck ass.[/spoiler]

garbon

I should have put off watching the Bones 9/11 episode. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2012, 08:32:30 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 13, 2012, 10:23:12 AM

That's only because the curtain hasn't gone up yet on the Governor's Big Plan(tm).

:yes:

Pretty obvious they were just stretching out the appearance of normalcy, though the gladiatorial games underlined that there really isn't any.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2012, 08:32:30 PM

Also, [spoiler]I'm glad Michonne got her sword back and walked like a motherfucker.  Teaser for next week she meets up with Merle in the woods.  Hope she banzais his redneck ass.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I dont think that banzaing is gonna happen. I think (and I haven't read the comics) that Merle is at somepoint going to be reunited with his beloved brother.[/spoiler]

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on November 13, 2012, 10:02:16 PM
[spoiler]I dont think that banzaing is gonna happen. I think (and I haven't read the comics) that Merle is at somepoint going to be reunited with his beloved brother.[/spoiler]

Probably will, and a choice will have to be made.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2012, 09:59:50 PM
Pretty obvious they were just stretching out the appearance of normalcy, though the gladiatorial games underlined that there really isn't any.

I could appreciate his rationale about it when he explained it, but it doesn't make it any less batshit insane.  :lol:

garbon

I think it was a very weak attempt to explain away barbarism.

katmai

Josephus and Seedy-

Merle and Daryl are both creations of TV show only as was T-Dog.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Priest: Decent concept. Shit execution.

Goon: Not too bad
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on November 12, 2012, 02:44:57 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 11, 2012, 10:59:47 PM
What were you guy's opinion of Dredd? Worth watching?

Definitely worth watching.  Better in 3D, unlike so many other 3D movies, but it's fine without it.
Will do!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: katmai on November 14, 2012, 12:21:07 AM
Josephus and Seedy-

Merle and Daryl are both creations of TV show only as was T-Dog.

Thanks for that heads up. I had no idea.