News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Batman rises was to me the weakest of the lot. Bogged down by implausible plot points and really nonsensical villain plots. Plus despite lasting 3 hours, some of the character stuff is really way too rushed (Wayne's romantic angle with Cotillard's character is particularly ridiculous), since there are like 1000000000000 secondary characters and we are supposed to care about all of them in some way.

Darth Wagtaros

It seemed like they took the No Man's Land plot and made it stupider than it was in the comics, along with Bane and Ra's al Ghul being completely screwed up as believable menacing villains.
PDH!

FunkMonk

Wow. Dark Knight Rises was a fine movie. Not OMG ÜBER GREAT but a decent flick. You guys are either insane comic book nerds or just grumpy old men picking at small holes in an otherwise fine production.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Darth Wagtaros

Or the movie may generally suck and you are dead wrong.  When in doubt go with option c.
PDH!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

The movie was pretty cool. No Dark Knight, but still worth watching.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

I'm gonna wait until Monday to see Lincoln.  Less idiots at the 10:30am showing.

Josquius

Rise of the Planet of the Apes- Pretty great. Some niggles bothered me though. The apes all seem immune to broken glass for instance. And the 'regular' apes just seem too smart...
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Been catching up on the last few episodes of Treme.

Very low-key show but it packs a lot.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Quote from: Josephus on November 16, 2012, 10:40:03 PM
Been catching up on the last few episodes of Treme.

Very low-key show but it packs a lot.

Bummed it is only getting 5 episode fourth and last season.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

David Simon can go fuck himself with a muted trumpet.

frunk

Finally watching Community.  I get the Alison Brie thing now.

Scipio

Sweet Jeebus.  I was going to post something profound, but I fucking forgot it.  Also, Going Postal is the greatest Discworld adaptation.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Scipio on November 17, 2012, 10:22:28 PM
Sweet Jeebus.  I was going to post something profound, but I fucking forgot it.  Also, Going Postal is the greatest Discworld adaptation.
True.  I hope Making Money is at least as good. Hogfather was great too.
PDH!

Liep

"British critics self-ignite in excitement after seeing Lund's new sweater in Forbrydelsen III"
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk