News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 29, 2012, 11:00:15 AM
PLanet of hte Apes was too 70's Style Sci Fi for me.
It's late 60s.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Viking

Quote from: Queequeg on October 29, 2012, 11:04:25 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 29, 2012, 11:00:15 AM
PLanet of hte Apes was too 70's Style Sci Fi for me.
It's late 60s.

OMG it was ahead of it's time!!!1111oneoneone
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 05:02:04 AM
And a 6 inch subway sub over there is nearly 5 pounds. So calm down there Norma Rae.

I gotta say I appreciate their Britishisms.  "Basket" for "cart."  "Dispatched" for shipped.  "Royal Mail" for "UPS."  Delightfully quaint.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Viking on October 29, 2012, 09:34:20 AM
Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2012, 09:27:36 AM
OK. Wasn't sure.

In the book Andrea stays with the group at the the prison. Michonne joins Rick and Glen going after the crashed helicopter and they are ones that go to Woodbury.

Yeah, I checked out the graphic novel plot once, for curiosity's sake, and they're now quite a ways off from that.

Still trying to figure out what is up with the Futurama-esque head collection though.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 29, 2012, 11:23:09 AM
Still trying to figure out what is up with the Futurama-esque head collection though.

I believe it's called being a fucking psychotic sociopath.  You see his face when he killed the wounded Guardsman?  He practically fucking came in his shorts.

The guy's a fucking freak.

Gups

And a 6 inch subway sub over there is nearly 5 pounds. So calm down there Norma Rae.

The last time I went (3 hours ago). It was £3 and that included a drink and a packet of crisps. OTOH that meatball sandwich is fucking messy and I think it's ruined a perfectly good shirt.

Viking

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 29, 2012, 11:23:09 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 29, 2012, 09:34:20 AM
Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2012, 09:27:36 AM
OK. Wasn't sure.

In the book Andrea stays with the group at the the prison. Michonne joins Rick and Glen going after the crashed helicopter and they are ones that go to Woodbury.

Yeah, I checked out the graphic novel plot once, for curiosity's sake, and they're now quite a ways off from that.

imho the secret in the locked room from the book is just so much creepier. Though, it might still resolve itself. We see the heads but where are the bodies and why bring up the issue of do zombies need to eat?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2012, 11:21:41 AM

I gotta say I appreciate their Britishisms.  "Basket" for "cart."  "Dispatched" for shipped.  "Royal Mail" for "UPS."  Delightfully quaint.

I don't think Royal Mail = UPS
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Scipio on October 28, 2012, 09:58:23 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 28, 2012, 08:34:43 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2012, 10:45:09 AM
HOW DAR U QUESTION RANDOM HEARTS  :mad: :mad: :mad: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Not only the worst Harrison Ford movie, but the worst movie of any kind, in the history of all mankind.
I protest.  What about Hollywood Homicide?
Hollywood Homicide was redeemed by the fact that it wasn't as boring as Random Hearts, and also it was hilarious when Harrison Ford screamed at the little girl and stole her bike.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Neil on October 29, 2012, 12:40:40 PM
Hollywood Homicide was redeemed by the fact that it wasn't as boring as Random Hearts, and also it was hilarious when Harrison Ford screamed at the little girl and stole her bike.

http://youtu.be/4h0DA0Ad0Zo   :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Three high-quality Walking Dead episodes in a row.  I'm worried.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on October 29, 2012, 02:09:32 PM
yeah, I was thinking the same. Last year, they got stuck into the farm by the 2nd episode and it didn't move for like half of the season.  Now, it seems to advance at some pace.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on October 29, 2012, 02:34:26 PM
yeah, I was thinking the same. Last year, they got stuck into the farm by the 2nd episode and it didn't move for like half of the season.  Now, it seems to advance at some pace.

IIRC, they are picking up the pace since they want to cover more then 1 "book" this season.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 29, 2012, 03:11:13 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 29, 2012, 02:34:26 PM

IIRC, they are picking up the pace since they want to cover more then 1 "book" this season.

Shit, if they just stick to The Governor story arc this season it will be action packed as hell. I am soo looking forward to the upcoming great T-Dawg moment.[spoiler] 1 T-Dawg, 1 Prison Gymnasium, 50+ Zombies. [/spoiler]