News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Josephus on October 21, 2012, 03:04:14 PM
I got that Kubrick set last year and it's fucking awesome.

The only movie I'm not a huge fan of is Barry Lydon. I know, I know it takes place during the Seven Years War and as a Languishite, that alone should make me cum, but I found it's a terribly slow-paced movie. Two viewings of it and I can't shake that feeling. It's a beautiful film. But ultimatley boring.

The rest of the movies in that set are all amongst my fave. Even Eyes Wide which was highly criticized is actually a pretty good film that holds up to repeated viewings. PLus it has Nicole Kidman in various shades of undress.

Yo, Joe, do you hate these newfangled cardboard sleeves as much as I do?  About need a pair of Goddamned pliars to pull the discs out.  What was wrong with plastic?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

PRC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2012, 09:51:38 AM
Finally, finally watched Cowboys and Aliens.  And finally found a movie that Harrison Ford couldn't save.

Although Olivia Wilde makes so many things in life tolerable.

You must not have seen anything Harrison Ford has been in since 1994... and i'm being generous by including Clear and Present Danger.

Josquius

Cowboys and Aliens was indeed terrible.
I can't help but be somewhat paranoid that it was a cunning plot by the studio to deal a negative blow to the sci-fi and western genres.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: PRC on October 28, 2012, 01:03:17 AM
You must not have seen anything Harrison Ford has been in since 1994... and i'm being generous by including Clear and Present Danger.

GET OFF MY FORUM!

:P

I mostly agree with you, but Air Force One was fun, Six Days Seven Nights was watchable and Indy 4 would have been ok with a lesser pedigree.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

hahahaha. GET OFF MY FORUM!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

American Horror Story episode 2 rocked.

11B4V

Another watch of Open Range. Love that movie.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 28, 2012, 12:59:55 AM

Yo, Joe, do you hate these newfangled cardboard sleeves as much as I do?  About need a pair of Goddamned pliars to pull the discs out.  What was wrong with plastic?

YES.

They're the worst thing ever. They're not meant to keep putting the discs in and out from. Pretty stupid design. I'm sure some accountant figured, "if we make these sleeves 1/10th mm smaller than necessary we save $100K."

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PRC on October 28, 2012, 01:03:17 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2012, 09:51:38 AM
Finally, finally watched Cowboys and Aliens.  And finally found a movie that Harrison Ford couldn't save.

Although Olivia Wilde makes so many things in life tolerable.

HOW DAR U QUESTION RANDOM HEARTS  :mad: :mad: :mad: :wub: :wub: :wub:

CountDeMoney

What was that bump?

Quote(Reuters) - Natina Reed, a member of the R&B singing trio Blaque, was struck and killed by a car as she walked in a major roadway in Georgia, police said on Saturday.

Reed, who also appeared in the cheerleader movie "Bring It On" in 2000, would have turned 33 on Sunday.

She was struck by a car at about 10:30 p.m. Friday on a state highway just north of the Atlanta suburb of Lilburn, Gwinnett County Police Sergeant Rich Long said.

The car's driver called 911 and a passenger performed CPR but Reed was pronounced dead at an area medical center, police said. Authorities ruled the driver was not at fault and no charges were expected to be filed, Long said.

Investigators were trying to determine why Reed was in the road, Long said.

As part of Blaque, Reed performed the 1999 hits "Bring It All to Me" and "808" with fellow members Shamari Fears DeVoe and Brandi Williams.

Reed's fellow group members said in a statement on Saturday that Blaque had recently reunited and the group was working on an album and a reality show.

"My world as I know it has forever changed," DeVoe said on Twitter on Saturday. "Until we meet again, may you find comfort in the arms of an angel. I love you Natina."

Razgovory

What is Cloud Atlas suppose to be about?  I look at it and keep thinking, "It this the Fountain again?".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 27, 2012, 08:36:59 PM
The end of The Thick Of It. Unbelievable TV. I want the whole thing on DVD now. And I second Gups' recommendation, especially for CdM. "One of the many, many things that baffles me about you is that you remain unmurdered."

Watching this from the beginning now. I think I'll like it as so far (though I know it came many years before it) it reminds me a lot of Veep.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 28, 2012, 02:43:55 AM
Another watch of Open Range. Love that movie.

Still the best cinematic example of what a double-barrel shotgun can do through a wooden wall.  :D

Ed Anger

Gonna watch Constantine tonight. Wife loves that movie. I like the dude playing Satan.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 28, 2012, 08:13:10 PM
Gonna watch Constantine tonight. Wife loves that movie. I like the dude playing Satan.

Awesome movie with an awesome cast. Even if it does have Keanu Reeves.  :lol: