News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

The rumor mill is running hard that someone from the prison group is gonna die in the next episode. :hmm:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Gups on October 29, 2012, 12:01:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 05:02:04 AM
And a 6 inch subway sub over there is nearly 5 pounds. So calm down there Norma Rae.

The last time I went (3 hours ago). It was £3 and that included a drink and a packet of crisps. OTOH that meatball sandwich is fucking messy and I think it's ruined a perfectly good shirt.

I got ripped off.

You gotta tell them to go light on the sauce.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 29, 2012, 03:35:26 PM
The rumor mill is running hard that someone from the prison group is gonna die in the next episode. :hmm:

Probably one of the in-mates.  I think Carol's likely, too.  I just hope they reveal who it is that's skulking around outside the prison.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on October 29, 2012, 05:52:15 PM
I just hope they reveal who it is that's skulking around outside the prison.

Noticed that last week too, huh.  At first I thought it might've been Merle, but that one-handed asshole showed up with the Guv.

Ideologue

Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2012, 12:27:04 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2012, 11:21:41 AM
And a 6 inch subway sub over there is nearly 5 pounds. So calm down there Norma Rae.

I gotta say I appreciate their Britishisms.  "Basket" for "cart."  "Dispatched" for shipped.  "Royal Mail" for "UPS."  Delightfully quaint.

I don't think Royal Mail = UPS

:secret: :P

I do wonder how it actually gets to my house.  Obviously Royal Mail makes no deliveries to Columbia SC.  I assume it goes to a local parcel service, perhaps the USPS, who get paid by the RM and then finish the job?  Guess I'll find out next Monday when my monsters come.

Actually, makes me feel bad in a green sort of way.  Considering this is entirely subterfuge brought on by an easily-circumventible price difference that Amazon must know about and not care about, I wish they'd save the carbon footprint and just ship a copy already in the U.S. rather than a copy that was shipped from either printers and packagers in the East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere or similar enterprises in America (maybe Universal still makes this shit here) to the U.K., and is now being shipped back across either by boat or, more terribly from a greenhouse gas perspective, a jet.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 04:20:19 PM
Quote from: Gups on October 29, 2012, 12:01:19 PM

The last time I went (3 hours ago). It was £3 and that included a drink and a packet of crisps. OTOH that meatball sandwich is fucking messy and I think it's ruined a perfectly good shirt.

I got ripped off.

You gotta tell them to go light on the sauce.

Or eat it nude.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 29, 2012, 03:35:26 PM
Read the book. I believe a lot of people will.

Return to Oz. Creepy as fuck.
PDH!

Grey Fox

On that Zombie show, what is the deal with the aquariums?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2012, 06:19:09 PM

I gotta say I appreciate their Britishisms.  "Basket" for "cart."  "Dispatched" for shipped.  "Royal Mail" for "UPS."  Delightfully quaint.

I do wonder how it actually gets to my house.  Obviously Royal Mail makes no deliveries to Columbia SC.  I assume it goes to a local parcel service, perhaps the USPS, who get paid by the RM and then finish the job?  Guess I'll find out next Monday when my monsters come.

Actually, makes me feel bad in a green sort of way.  Considering this is entirely subterfuge brought on by an easily-circumventible price difference that Amazon must know about and not care about, I wish they'd save the carbon footprint and just ship a copy already in the U.S. rather than a copy that was shipped from either printers and packagers in the East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere or similar enterprises in America (maybe Universal still makes this shit here) to the U.K., and is now being shipped back across either by boat or, more terribly from a greenhouse gas perspective, a jet.

It's always an aircraft, I've shipped thousands of parcels across the atlantic and they invariably take no more than 5-7 working days; save of course the DVD I sent to you and UPS returned it as it didn't have a surname on it.   <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Watched the Top Gear special on 50 years of Bond cars, I was good and had a nice appropriate top gear 'build' in it.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

WOT WOT

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/

QuoteDisney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind "Star Wars," from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the "Star Wars" series.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/#ixzz2Aogyknnm
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Factory Girl

Really is lovely except for Hayden's Bob Dylan. Watched on remainder of work laptop battery. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on October 30, 2012, 02:24:18 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2012, 06:19:09 PM

It's always an aircraft, I've shipped thousands of parcels across the atlantic and they invariably take no more than 5-7 working days; save of course the DVD I sent to you and UPS returned it as it didn't have a surname on it.   <_<

: /

Is that what happened to that?

Fwiw, I found my copy at my dad's house, lost in it in the move, then tamasified it when I found it on Youtube a month or so ago.  Still, I want you to know I appreciated it. :hug:

I wonder how Madonna and Prince get mail.

Just got, only a few minutes ago, all the Tim Burton stuff (twelve in all), Blade Runner, Four Rooms (in anticipation of the Tarantino set, sadly no BD release of this underrated gem of an anthology), and the newer Cinematic Titanic piece, Rattlers.  Mel Brooks set tomorrow or thenabouts, Monsters on Monday.  Squee.  Also, while enthusiastic and without regrets, I recognize that I'm getting pretty spendthrifty.  So I'm toning it down on the purchases.

Except for the Tarantino set.

And the Buster Keaton set that comes out in December.  But that's for my pop.  I'm getting it instead of the Akira Kurosawa birthday centennial thing because it turns out my dad already has 21 out of the 25 movies in that collection but only six Buster Keaton films, and of course not in HD. :)

And Strangers on a Train, also for my dad, because even though he has about 30 Hitchcock movies, somehow he's missing that too.  WTF.
Kinemalogue

Duque de Bragança

Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire a.k.a

The Tall Blond Man with a Black Shoe
or
Follow that guy with one black shoe

Hilarious French spy comedy of the burlesque kind from the '70s. One of my childhood faves, seen on the big screen at last :)
Rival secret factions of French secret services use a hapless violonist as a pawn in their cloak and dagger activities.

The  famous Pan Flute theme by Cosma and Zamfir from the movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fDMq2x_eE