News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Must admit to being surprised that Hell on Wheels is returning for another season. I mean the numbers justify it, but after the last episode, it looked like they wrapped it all up with an apocalyptic ending.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

I'm enjoying History's The Men Who Built America.

Henry Frick. :wub:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 30, 2012, 08:03:59 PM

Yeah, I saw some of that.  There must have been some big mix up, cause it's about actual history as oppose to people looking for Bigfoot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 30, 2012, 06:40:42 PM
Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire a.k.a

The Tall Blond Man with a Black Shoe
or
Follow that guy with one black shoe

Hilarious French spy comedy of the burlesque kind from the '70s. One of my childhood faves, seen on the big screen at last :)
Rival secret factions of French secret services use a hapless violonist as a pawn in their cloak and dagger activities.

The  famous Pan Flute theme by Cosma and Zamfir from the movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fDMq2x_eE

Sounds good, I shall have to catch it.

One of my favourite childhood programmes of the early 1970s was 'Le Chevalier Tempête'.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2012, 08:29:37 PM

Yeah, I saw some of that.  There must have been some big mix up, cause it's about actual history as oppose to people looking for Bigfoot.

I'm getting the feeling History might be shifting their programming again.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 30, 2012, 08:38:36 PM

or

Hilarious French spy comedy of the burlesque kind from the '70s. One of my childhood faves, seen on the big screen at last :)
Rival secret factions of French secret services use a hapless violonist as a pawn in their cloak and dagger activities.

One of my favourite childhood programmes of the early 1970s was 'Le Chevalier Tempête'.  :)

Tom Hanks is in the American remake, The Man With One Red Shoe, back when he did comedy in his post-Bosom Buddies era.  It's not bad.  Some big names in it.
Jim Belushi is actually pretty fucking funny in it, as his paranoid buddy who keeps tripping over the bodies.

The Larch

When one of your employees viciously tries to assassinate you in your own office maybe you're not the best example to follow.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on October 31, 2012, 04:08:29 AM

When one of your employees viciously tries to assassinate you in your own office maybe you're not the best example to follow.

let's ask bmolsson about that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on October 31, 2012, 04:08:29 AM

Let me enjoy my business jerks, okay?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2012, 08:29:37 PM

Yeah.  History Channel is nearly as bad as The Learning Channel when it comes to quality programming.  But they do occasionally score a hit.
PDH!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2012, 09:16:26 PM

Tom Hanks is in the American remake, The Man With One Red Shoe, back when he did comedy in his post-Bosom Buddies era.  It's not bad.  Some big names in it.
Jim Belushi is actually pretty fucking funny in it, as his paranoid buddy who keeps tripping over the bodies.

Now, this Chevalier tempête is too old for my generations (French '60s show) and did not have re-run in the '80s like Le Grand Blond which is probably why I never heard of it. Would it be more popular in the UK than in France? ;)

As for the US remake of a French movie (True Lies notwithstanding), even if it's better than say a prequel such as Episode I, I'll pass...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 31, 2012, 05:38:36 AM
As for the US remake of a French movie (True Lies notwithstanding), even if it's better than say a prequel such as Episode I, I'll pass...

Didn't say it was.  So save your condescending Eurosnottiness, you unwashed mucus fuck.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2012, 05:43:58 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 31, 2012, 05:38:36 AM

Didn't say it was.  So save your condescending Eurosnottiness, you unwashed mucus fuck.

Did not say it was "Not bad" or  "it's not even better than a prequel such as Episode I" ?  :D
If so , don't be so bad on Hollywood and/or  yourself, self-hatred is so European lefty ;)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 31, 2012, 06:47:47 AM
If so , don't be so bad on Hollywood and/or  yourself, self-hatred is so European lefty ;)

If you fucking showed up more often, you would know that my distaste of Hollywood remakes of European films is exceeded only by my distaste of Europeans. 

Now go find some Jew kids to throw rocks at or something.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2012, 09:16:26 PM

or

Really ?

I shall have to try and see that. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"