News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Oh, and how am I just now being made aware that, probably because the austerian lizard people that run the place have decided to destroy its economy, prices on amazon.co.uk can be less than half what they are in the robust, Keynesian-led United states?  My God, I could've gotten that Kubrick set for around 45 fucking American dollars.  The Universal Monster set sells for about 45% of what you'd pay in the U.S., even when you include the (surprisingly modest) transatlantic shipping.  (Also, the UK version has trays instead of sleeves.  Insult to injury for the rubes who paid the shining city mark up, no?)

I feel a little ripped off.  I bet on amazon.co.gr you can get movies in exchange for old canned goods and used socks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

And a 6 inch subway sub over there is nearly 5 pounds. So calm down there Norma Rae.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Yeah but Americans need a footlong so we still pay more. :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on October 28, 2012, 09:54:02 PM
Well they answered that question on Walking Dead today. Apparently zombies do starve.

You can already see that Andrea is a fucking starstruck goof.  Fucking blonde bimbo.  Micah has her shit straight, and knows what the deal is.  I'd roll into the apocalypse with that stone cold sister any day.

And if I had ovaries, I know my goddamned Spidey Sense would be tingling like a motherfucker.  It's obvious what the Governor's Big Idea is going to wind up being.  BABY FACTORIES.  You goddamned well know they're not going to be able to leave, even if they want to.

And I JUST KNEW the moment that sociopath drove up to those squaddies what the hell was going to happen.  See, this is precisely why you can't be caught stuck in the South at the beginning of the end;  every goddamned anti-Federalist alpha male monkey wants to start his own goddamned country.  Fucking Confederate assfucks.  "Let's see what Uncle Sam brought us."  I bet, you secessionist fuck.  Fucking anti-Unionists.  Surprised he even has an American flag in the office.  When the shit starts falling apart, I'm heading fucking north to nestle within the warm embrace of the bosom of the Union.  Fuck the South.  Fuck Merle Nation.

Interesting to see from the teaser for next week that Rick's decision re: the last two convicts comes into play.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 05:02:04 AM
And a 6 inch subway sub over there is nearly 5 pounds. So calm down there Norma Rae.

"What do they call a turkey ranch and double swiss?"
"I dunno. I didn't go into Quizno's."

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 05:17:09 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 05:02:04 AM

"What do they call a turkey ranch and double swiss?"
"I dunno. I didn't go into Quizno's."

:D

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2012, 09:59:50 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 28, 2012, 09:54:02 PM
Well they answered that question on Walking Dead today. Apparently zombies do starve.

Goddamnit, I don't watch it until after Sunday Night Football.

Then again, that's not a big spoiler.

Thats why I didn't spoilerize it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2012, 12:12:27 AM
Quote from: Josephus on October 28, 2012, 08:47:01 AM

I watched Lolita today, or Siegebreaker: The Movie.  OK, what is it about James Mason that every woman he meets wants to put his Humbert Humbert inside them?

Humbert's appeal is that he's a mysterious foreigner. In that small town, that was appealing enough.
I take it you didn't read the book? Although written by Nabokov, the movie took a somewhat different path than the film. Recommended reading.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Or if you want the cliff notes version, listen to Elefant's Lolita.

Josephus

I thought the blonde chick in Walking Dead was aware that the virus turned dead people into zombies. Wasn't she with the main group when tehy found that out? She seemed unaware of it in the last episode.

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2012, 09:06:41 AM
I thought the blonde chick in Walking Dead was aware that the virus turned dead people into zombies. Wasn't she with the main group when tehy found that out? She seemed unaware of it in the last episode.

She was separated when the horde attacked the farm. Rick doesn't reveal that particular piece of information until after the horde attack when he admits to killing shane.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2012, 09:27:36 AM
OK. Wasn't sure.

In the book Andrea stays with the group at the the prison. Michonne joins Rick and Glen going after the crashed helicopter and they are ones that go to Woodbury.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 05:13:27 AM
And I JUST KNEW the moment that sociopath drove up to those squaddies what the hell was going to happen.  See, this is precisely why you can't be caught stuck in the South at the beginning of the end;  every goddamned anti-Federalist alpha male monkey wants to start his own goddamned country.  Fucking Confederate assfucks.  "Let's see what Uncle Sam brought us."  I bet, you secessionist fuck.  Fucking anti-Unionists.  Surprised he even has an American flag in the office.  When the shit starts falling apart, I'm heading fucking north to nestle within the warm embrace of the bosom of the Union.  Fuck the South.  Fuck Merle Nation.
Well, to be fair, in that other end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it tv show, the North is pretty fucked up with its own brand of psychopath leading the Revolution.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

PLanet of hte Apes was too 70's Style Sci Fi for me.
PDH!