News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Maybe the harsh changes to "Empire" is that Lucas wasn't the director the second time around.  Assuming the director slot for Empire and RotJ had sufficient influence on the final cut.

The Brain

Saw the first 30 minutes of Jarhead. The movie was garbage so I switched channels.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 07, 2012, 02:11:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2012, 01:06:19 PM
Well, well, well...an intriguing reboot.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/dredd/

It is the anti-Stallone.
I'd watch that.  Shit, I still watch the original from time to time.  Armand Assante chews that scenery up.

Yeah, it was on Friday morning, Assante is awesome in it.

Thing I like about this reboot is its grittiness, hell the only thing recognizable is the Judge helmet and logo.  Definitely not the cartoonishness of the Stallone model.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2012, 05:40:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 07, 2012, 02:11:08 PM

It is the anti-Stallone.
I'd watch that.  Shit, I still watch the original from time to time.  Armand Assante chews that scenery up.

Yeah, it was on Friday morning, Assante is awesome in it.

Thing I like about this reboot is its grittiness, hell the only thing recognizable is the Judge helmet and logo.  Definitely not the cartoonishness of the Stallone model.
But Armand Assante.  Max von Sydow.  Diane Lane!  WTF BBQ OMG!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

It is the anti-Stallone.

Looks interesting but seems to lack the satirical edge of the comics.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

It also lacks Rob Schneider.  Mercifully.

Jaron

Rob Schneider is movie poison. I can't think of a single movie he has been in that I've even remotely enjoyed. The worst of the bunch has to be 'The Hot Chick'. I think it was his way of spending time with younger, attractive women.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Guess you don't like Adam Sandler then, seems Schneider's been in at least half of them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jaron on July 08, 2012, 12:28:14 AM
Rob Schneider is movie poison. I can't think of a single movie he has been in that I've even remotely enjoyed. The worst of the bunch has to be 'The Hot Chick'. I think it was his way of spending time with younger, attractive women.

The sole exception is the movie where Rockie beats up Wesley Snipes in the future.  That's one better than David Spade's record.

katmai

So Yi must love Jack and Jill and Grown ups.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2012, 12:43:15 AM
The sole exception is the movie where Rockie beats up Wesley Snipes in the future.  That's one better than David Spade's record.

An ensemble role in a decent sitcom that lasted several years > a supporting role in a decent sci/fi action flick

Eddie Teach

The Artist. Beautiful, beautiful film. The Academy got one right. :thumbsup:

CountDeMoney

Aliens is on.  Still an awesome action flick after all these years.

I remember seeing it in the theater the very night it first came out, it was packed;  the audience collectively applauded when Burke bought it.

I can't remember the last time I heard an audience applaud in a movie, I think that might've been it. 
For you young people and your disassociated, texting, overdiagnosed Assburger's culture, that's what people used to do in movie theaters instead of talking on the phone.

Admiral Yi

Apollo 13 is in heavy rotation right now.  First time I saw it I thought it was too small a story for a feature movie, but in reviewing it has grown on me.