News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 04, 2012, 10:06:48 PM
Out of the way?  With the huge USAF base and Army base right next to town...controlling the Alaskan approach to North America?  Anchorage would be vaporized.

Military points appreciated, but it depends on the opponent--I don't see China wasting an ICBM on it.  So let's just hope for the pandemic and zombies, and vampires from Russia.  Thirty Days of Freezing Our Nuts Off

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2012, 10:11:14 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 04, 2012, 10:06:48 PM
Out of the way?  With the huge USAF base and Army base right next to town...controlling the Alaskan approach to North America?  Anchorage would be vaporized.

Military points appreciated, but it depends on the opponent--I don't see China wasting an ICBM on it.  So let's just hope for the pandemic and zombies, and vampires from Russia.  Thirty Days of Freezing Our Nuts Off

Russia probably has it's ICBMs directed at decommissioned Titan Silos, abandoned Air Force bases and targets deemed significant from the study of the 1970 census.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

OK, so Alien: Resurrection sucks ass.

katmai

Up their with Alien3 for suckatude.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2012, 09:53:39 PM
One of the Cinemax channels is doing an Alien marathon;  just wrapped up Alien 3;  still don't know why it gets no love--other than fanbois hate the ending--but it's a very cool flick.

I hate the beginning for shitting all over the ending of the second movie! :ultra:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2012, 10:01:28 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 04, 2012, 09:56:16 PM
For a second there I thought CDM was quoting garbon's post.  :lol:

Yeah, it does look that way for a moment.  :lol:

I got confused too but finally got a clue when Katmai joined in with his comment about wanting to see it. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

I'll check out magic mike*, has been getting good reviews and is a Steven Soderbergh flick.

*on dvd most likely, nothing really leaping out at me till Batman, kinda meh on Spidey.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2012, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 04, 2012, 09:56:06 PM
That kind of punk move for a sequel was only outdone by Iron Eagle 2.

:lol: Iron Eagle 2?  Now that's getting downright nasty, man.  The fuck Lou Gossett Jr. ever do to you?  He was Sadat!
More importantly he kicked ass with Chuck Norris in Firewalker.
PDH!

Neil

One of the Cinemax channels is doing an Alien marathon;  just wrapped up Alien 3;  still don't know why it gets no love--other than fanbois hate the ending--but it's a very cool flick.

If I were a black man, I'd want to be Charles S. Dutton.
It's a good movie on its own, but slaughtering Newt and Hicks wasn't cool.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Muppet Treasure Island. Again. :wub:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on July 05, 2012, 07:43:02 AM

If I were a black man, I'd want to be Charles S. Dutton.
It's a good movie on its own, but slaughtering Newt and Hicks wasn't cool.
Word.
PDH!

The Brain

Alien 3 isn't a good movie.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: The Brain on July 05, 2012, 08:13:25 AM
Alien 3 isn't a good movie.
Sure it is.  It's just not a good Alien movie.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Watched Kes, a late 60s English movie about a boy growing up in a coal mining town. Brilliant film that captures the small Yorkshire town mentality perfectly. Trouble was I couldn't understand a damn word they said. Apparently their is a "dubbed" version with proper English.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011