News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2012, 07:04:19 PM
Aliens is on.  Still an awesome action flick after all these years.

I remember seeing it in the theater the very night it first came out, it was packed;  the audience collectively applauded when Burke bought it.

I can't remember the last time I heard an audience applaud in a movie, I think that might've been it. 
For you young people and your disassociated, texting, overdiagnosed Assburger's culture, that's what people used to do in movie theaters instead of talking on the phone.

Applauding a movie is about as effective as cumming on your hard drive.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2012, 07:11:21 PM
I thought it was too small a story for a feature movie,

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Have you ever talked to anybody that was around when it happened?  Too small a story?  The networks were dumping regular programming for extended coverage of it. It was national fucking crisis for 3 days. Too small a fucking story?

MTV and 9/11 has broken your brain, kid.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2012, 07:20:11 PM
Applauding a movie is about as effective as cumming on your hard drive.

Your generation is broken.  I expect nothing less from your over-saturated, tech-addled brains.

Tonitrus

Aliens is on.  Still an awesome action flick after all these years.

I remember seeing it in the theater the very night it first came out, it was packed;  the audience collectively applauded when Burke bought it.

I can't remember the last time I heard an audience applaud in a movie, I think that might've been it. 
For you young people and your disassociated, texting, overdiagnosed Assburger's culture, that's what people used to do in movie theaters instead of talking on the phone.

The last time I heard applaiuse...jam packed opening night when I first saw "Independence Day".  :sleep:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 08, 2012, 08:11:47 PM
The last time I heard applaiuse...jam packed opening night when I first saw "Independence Day".  :sleep:

And Jeff Goldblum deserved it.

Ideologue

Picked up the "Christopher Nolan Director's Collection" of BDDs today.  $35 for Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, and Inception.  Really good deal, even if Batman Begins is actually in my house.  But my question is why no Prestige?  Seriously, easily his best film, where the fuck is it?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2012, 08:43:01 PM
Picked up the "Christopher Nolan Director's Collection" of BDDs today.  $35 for Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, and Inception.  Really good deal, even Batman Begins is actually in my house.  But my question is why no Prestige?  Seriously, easily his best film, where the fuck is it?

Probably because The Prestige isn't distributed by Warner Bros, like the others.

Ideologue

Ah so.  That's fair, I guess.

That's a movie that shouldn't work but, damn, does it.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

The original version of Insomnia was much better, though.

Ideologue

Really?  But it's all ludefisky.

Hey, wait a minute--whatever happened to Norgy? :unsure:
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

But my question is why no Prestige?  Seriously, easily his best film,

:wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 08, 2012, 08:58:58 PM
But my question is why no Prestige?  Seriously, easily his best film,

:wacko:

You're more than welcome to offer your incorrect opinion about what is, then, Edward.

(I will concede Memento was likely the most technically challenging.)
Kinemalogue

Habbaku

:huh:  People clapped at the end of Taken in the theater I went to.  Most of them were my age and not fossils that are so angsty and displeased with themselves that they think the generation after them is the Worst.  Period.  Generation.  Period.  Ever. Period.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2012, 09:13:36 PM
Most of them were my age and not fossils that are so angsty and displeased with themselves that they think the generation after them is the Worst.  Period.  Generation.  Period.  Ever. Period.

:lol: 

Bah humbug. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2012, 09:06:10 PM
You're more than welcome to offer your incorrect opinion about what is, then, Edward.

(I will concede Memento was likely the most technically challenging.)

The Dark Knight. Or Inception. Heck, even Memento. I can barely remember The Prestige, other than the silly "twist".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?