Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2012, 08:53:34 PM
Really?  But it's all ludefisky.

Hey, wait a minute--whatever happened to Norgy? :unsure:

:huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

I just ain't seen him in a while. :mellow:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

He's joined the long list of people who are around, just don't visit Languish much anymore :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 08, 2012, 09:30:30 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2012, 09:06:10 PM
You're more than welcome to offer your incorrect opinion about what is, then, Edward.

(I will concede Memento was likely the most technically challenging.)

The Dark Knight. Or Inception. Heck, even Memento. I can barely remember The Prestige, other than the silly "twist".

It's about obsession.

And Dark Knight?  No.  Great performance by Ledger, some great scenes, but a little silly, and overlong.

Inception is really very good, but feels like it missed its potential.  It's his second best though.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2012, 09:50:29 PM
And Dark Knight?  No.  Great performance by Ledger, some great scenes, but a little silly, and overlong.

Wrong.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2012, 07:38:29 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2012, 07:11:21 PM
I thought it was too small a story for a feature movie,

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Have you ever talked to anybody that was around when it happened?  Too small a story?  The networks were dumping regular programming for extended coverage of it. It was national fucking crisis for 3 days. Too small a fucking story?

MTV and 9/11 has broken your brain, kid.
It's easy for people under a certain age to forget that the space program used to be important, and humanity had aspirations beypnd appearing on American Idol.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2012, 08:43:01 PM
But my question is why no Prestige?  Seriously, easily his best film, where the fuck is it?
Sometimes you suck.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

I had no idea this forum was a festering pit of hatred for one of the better films of the 2000s.  Very sad. :(
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on July 08, 2012, 10:28:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2012, 07:38:29 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2012, 07:11:21 PM
I thought it was too small a story for a feature movie,

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Have you ever talked to anybody that was around when it happened?  Too small a story?  The networks were dumping regular programming for extended coverage of it. It was national fucking crisis for 3 days. Too small a fucking story?

MTV and 9/11 has broken your brain, kid.
It's easy for people under a certain age to forget that the space program used to be important, and humanity had aspirations beypnd appearing on American Idol.

Yes, but what does this have to do with Admiral Yi?
Kinemalogue

Josquius

Episodes- It amuses me. Joey's stalker is pretty.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

The Killer. Despite the rough state of the print (first reel and distorted high frequencies) I'm glad I could see in a cinema at last.
Still the best by John Woo.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on July 09, 2012, 06:28:21 AM

Labia?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

frunk

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2012, 11:26:51 PM
I had no idea this forum was a festering pit of hatred for one of the better films of the 2000s.  Very sad. :(

The Prestige is pretty good, but I wouldn't call it his best flick by far.  Just about all of the characters in the Prestige come off as jerks (except for the David Bowie Tesla, he was awesome) of one sort or another.  Some of the plot points are thoroughly obvious yet still confusing due to muddled dialogue and unclear shooting.  It wasn't like a great stage trick or a grand illusion, they just mumbled into their sleeve and went tada!

Compare that to Memento, where a potentially very confusing movie was quite clear and made perfect sense. 

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on July 09, 2012, 07:19:48 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 09, 2012, 06:28:21 AM

Labia?
Yes.
Though by pretty I largely mean "BBC boobies! Woot!"
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

The One True List of Great Christopher Nolan Movies:
(ranked in order of greatness)

• The Prestige
  • Memento
  • Everything else