News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on April 30, 2018, 12:30:05 PM
Man, I haven't seen that movie for 20 years.  How well does it hold up?

The scene I caught right before was the gun in the parking lot scene.  That used to be one of my favorite scenes.  Not quite as crisp as I used to remember it.

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on April 30, 2018, 06:38:04 AM
Since it's a holiday over here until Wednesday and I have nothing to do, I binged Lucifer season 1. Just starting season 2 and yeah, Tricia Helfer is actually quite funny in it. Still smokin' too.

Yep, she was a hoot in that season. Given who her character was and how it got there gave it room for some funny lines/scenes.  :)

The Brain

47 Meters Down. Two sisters (one hot, one OK) go cage-diving with sharks in Mexico. But the cage falls and ends up on the bottom, 47 meters down, and the sisters must struggle for survival. I didn't expect much going into this movie, but it was actually very decent. If you only get to watch one movie about tourist divers in trouble though you should still stick to Open Water I think.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

I saw 47 meters down. Pretty good movie, nothing great, with the horror as expected.

The Brain

Satanic. Four friends decide to do some occult crime scene tourism in LA before heading to Coachella. Everything is fine until they meet some Satanists and shit gets real. Not an immortal masterpiece by any means, but it was slightly different from what I expected which was nice. [spoiler]The ending was refreshingly straight[/spoiler] Note: there is a lesbian kiss.

celedhring

Watched the first 3 episodes of Krypton, pretty meh so far. It looks like it tries to be a Game of Thrones in Krypton, mixing up existential threats with political intrigue, but writing so far is rather lackluster and on the nose. I dig the 80s sci-fi look of set and dress design though.

Biggest problem the series faces (and this isn't spoilerish since it's laid out in the first 15 minutes of the show), is that the aim of the main character (Superman's grandad) is to avoid the destruction of Krypton in his time. But we know that Krypton will be destroyed for good two generations later so I find hard to get invested in that particular arc.

celedhring

Also, it's funny how all kryptonians are brits. Nation of supermen.  :bowler:

The Brain

Captivity. Famous model Elisha Cuthbert gets kidnapped by insane serial killer. Not very engaging, but Elisha is cute when she's frowning. [spoiler]One problem is that there is very little development in the first part, and little sense of danger. There is no gradual revealing of details about the killer, and since he's in 100% control from the start he doesn't come across as very threatening when he doesn't get violent and days pass.[/spoiler]

Josephus

Lost in Space episode 1.

So they crash land on this frozen planet, right? The crash site looks like the North Pole on a bad day. At one point Mommy says the temperature when the sun goes down will b -60 and their power cells will die. But Daughter goes diving in the water to retrieve some gizmo from the crashed space ship. On the way back up, it gets so cold, the water freezes and she gets caught in the frozen water. With me so far?
So Daddy and Son hatch a plan to rescue her by melting the ice with magnesium or something. Ok.
As Daddy is doing this, in the freezing cold, sub arctic night temperatures it....

...begins to rain?

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Pressure is weird like that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Infinity War. I liked it.

derspiess

Finished binge-watch the AMC series TURN: Washington's Spies and very much liked it.  I expected them to have to take some liberties with the facts to make it TV-worthy, and the father-son conflict arc was a bit overdone and predictable.  But overall I was impressed*-- 4 Spiesspoints out of 5.

*the attractiveness of the three main female characters may have helped a bit
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2018, 04:38:46 PM
Finished binge-watch the AMC series TURN: Washington's Spies and very much liked it.  I expected them to have to take some liberties with the facts to make it TV-worthy, and the father-son conflict arc was a bit overdone and predictable.  But overall I was impressed*-- 4 Spiesspoints out of 5.

Any lesbian sex?

KRonn

I really liked this show, a big favorite. :)

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on May 02, 2018, 04:49:37 PM

Any lesbian sex?

Not enough to warrant mentioning.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall