News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Finished the first season of American Gods. It somehow manages to be weirder and more pretentious than the book (and I liked the book, mind), which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I see they have fired Bryan Fuller from season 2, this guy really has trouble making his jobs stick. I don't always love what he does but he always tries to do something different, which I appreciate.

The Brain

Alone in the Dark. An Uwe Boll classic. Loved the computer game. DNF.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: frunk on May 04, 2018, 09:35:41 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 02, 2018, 03:08:41 PM
Infinity War. I liked it.

Me too.

I saw it and liked it. A bit long, but then it has to be with such a large cast.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Just wait til they get the X-Men back.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 06, 2018, 03:57:51 AM
Just wait til they get the X-Men back.  :ph34r:

A shark jump too far I fear.
They work in their own separate world. The way the comics have everything in the same universe just doesn't make sense.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on May 05, 2018, 05:04:19 PM
Alone in the Dark. An Uwe Boll classic. Loved the computer game. DNF.

House of the Dead by the same "director" was much more entertaining IMHO. Crazier and the so bad it's good really worked.

The Brain

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. Young woman whose father was abducted has to stop Bison's evil plan to [spoiler]gentrify[/spoiler] parts of [spoiler]Bangkok[/spoiler]. Pretty good as computer game movies go, it has nothing to be ashamed of. Notes: there is a hint of bondage sex. There is a lesbian fight scene.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

The Brain

Blade of the Immortal. Samurai kills a crowd of enemies and lies dying when a witch decides to keep him on a Diet of Worms. He becomes immortal, and eventually ends up guarding a girl bent on revenge. Slow af (could have been an hour shorter), and it's fucking dark all the time like in Annihilation so you can't see people's faces (is this a trend in modern movies?). Took some effort to finish.

KRonn

The season of Into the Badlands started a couple weeks ago. I was iffy on it at first in season one but I really liked it as it went on. Enjoying this season too.

Barrister

Apparently, Bill & Ted 3 is officially happening.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cannes-keanu-reeves-alex-winter-reteaming-bill-ted-3-1107419

I'm fairly anti-reboot and anti-pick up stories from 30 years ago at this point, but they've got an interesting premise.

QuoteCurrently in preproduction, Bill & Ted Face the Music will see the duo long past their days as time-traveling teenagers and now weighed down by middle age and the responsibilities of family. They've written thousands of tunes, but they have yet to write a good one, much less the greatest song ever written. With the fabric of time and space tearing around them, a visitor from the future warns our heroes that only their song can save life as we know it. Out of luck and fresh out of inspiration, Bill and Ted set out on a time travel adventure to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe as we know it. Together with the aid of their daughters, a new crop of historical figures, and some sympathetic music legends, they find much, much more than just a song.

Keanu Reeves certainly doesn't need the money at this point, so hopefully he's doing it because it's a story worth telling.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: Barrister on May 08, 2018, 12:45:46 PM
Keanu Reeves certainly doesn't need the money at this point, so hopefully he's doing it because it's a story worth telling.

Or because he has loads of fun doing the film.  :lol:

HVC

binged Cobra Kai. surprisingly good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on May 08, 2018, 12:45:46 PM
Apparently, Bill & Ted 3 is officially happening.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cannes-keanu-reeves-alex-winter-reteaming-bill-ted-3-1107419

I'm fairly anti-reboot and anti-pick up stories from 30 years ago at this point, but they've got an interesting premise.

QuoteCurrently in preproduction, Bill & Ted Face the Music will see the duo long past their days as time-traveling teenagers and now weighed down by middle age and the responsibilities of family. They've written thousands of tunes, but they have yet to write a good one, much less the greatest song ever written. With the fabric of time and space tearing around them, a visitor from the future warns our heroes that only their song can save life as we know it. Out of luck and fresh out of inspiration, Bill and Ted set out on a time travel adventure to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe as we know it. Together with the aid of their daughters, a new crop of historical figures, and some sympathetic music legends, they find much, much more than just a song.

in a shocking twist the song plays at the end of the film and it's never gonna give you up
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.