TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on February 14, 2017, 03:18:13 PM
Quote from: frunk on February 13, 2017, 01:06:48 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 13, 2017, 01:01:48 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 13, 2017, 12:11:03 PM
Pretty sure we have had animated series for adults before.
Maybe not in America.
There was Tripping the Rift, but I'm unsure if it was a Canadian or American series.

South Park, Archer, Simpsons, Family Guy, Bojack Horseman, Bob's Burgers and many others I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.

Rick and Morty.

Don't forget movies like Fritz the Cat, Coonskin, and Heavy Metal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Young Pope. Anyone watching that? So seems like this was a one-off season. The ending said, quite clearly, The End. And they pretty much left no loose ends. Too bad..I kinda liked it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Valentines Day movie:

John Wick 2. Good stuff.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Tried to watch The Accidental Tourist the other day but found Gena Davis too annoying.

Berkut

Watched the first Season of Humans. It was very well done, IMO.

Started watching Goliath. Thorton is just great. Show itself is very good, plot is a little implausible at times, but good.

For some reason I seem to be binge watching a lot of television these days...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on February 14, 2017, 08:39:40 PM
Young Pope. Anyone watching that? So seems like this was a one-off season. The ending said, quite clearly, The End. And they pretty much left no loose ends. Too bad..I kinda liked it.

I'm really enjoying it, only 2 episodes to go. But I've read somewhere it's been renewed.  :pope:

Josquius

Quote from: Maladict on February 15, 2017, 11:09:15 AM

I'm really enjoying it, only 2 episodes to go. But I've read somewhere it's been renewed.  :pope:

I tried the first episode but....god, so slow and plodding. I can see how the more religiously interested might like it but I don't think it's my sort of thing.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Any Canucks watched Cardinal?  Is it worth it?  It seems to be really, really, really slow-paced judging by the reviews&comments.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

I watch it.

Only 3 have aired in English so far.

It's very, very slow. Wait for all 6 to be available & binge it. It's a good murder story.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 15, 2017, 11:47:46 AM
I watch it.

Only 3 have aired in English so far.

It's very, very slow. Wait for all 6 to be available & binge it. It's a good murder story.
ok, I'll wait a little more.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2017, 11:41:07 AM
Any Canucks watched Cardinal?  Is it worth it?  It seems to be really, really, really slow-paced judging by the reviews&comments.

It's not bad by Canadian standards, but yeah, it's slow, not exactly sexy action packed stuff. I'm liking it so far.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on February 15, 2017, 04:35:39 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2017, 11:41:07 AM

It's not bad by Canadian standards,

Ouch.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on February 15, 2017, 11:10:01 AM
Quote from: Maladict on February 15, 2017, 11:09:15 AM

I tried the first episode but....god, so slow and plodding. I can see how the more religiously interested might like it but I don't think it's my sort of thing.

The first episode was probably the fastest paced one.  :D

The Brain

Michael Bolton's Big, Sexy Valentine's Day Special - pretty good.
The Cabin in the Woods - totally OK.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.