News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Nah, people all over the south love a Charlestonian.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

X-Men: Apocalypse on HBO GO: yay or nay?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2017, 10:55:27 PM

Watch it. Then tell me how it was.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Prologue of a Fan made WH40k movie

Pretty impressive for an amatuer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Outside of the Quicksilver scene, which is fantastic and even an improvement on the one from Days of Future Past, it fluctuates between okay and actual garbage.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Anyone watching 24 reboot?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on February 08, 2017, 05:25:51 PM
Uh. Yes please.

Nicolas Winding Refn and Ed Brubaker team up for inevitably stylish crime series:
http://www.avclub.com/article/nicolas-winding-refn-and-ed-brubaker-team-inevitab-249973?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

Well, this could be fantastic. Brubaker is one of my favorite funnybook writers, and Refn can be decent when providing pretty pictures to a good story.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 08, 2017, 12:59:37 AM

Outside of the Quicksilver scene, which is fantastic and even an improvement on the one from Days of Future Past, it fluctuates between okay and actual garbage.

It was okay as a watch on the airplane movie. Like a lot of the X-Men ones, sort of entertaining + plot instantly forgettable.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on February 03, 2017, 05:37:23 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 03, 2017, 05:33:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 03, 2017, 05:33:08 PM
There is now a show named after my California hometown. How odd.

Santa Clarita?

Yep. A pretty non-descript area. I think the closet I recall before was Weeds with Stevenson Ranch.

I think it remained entertaining for its run of 10 episodes. Also, there's a location quite close to where I was as a small child. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Watched a bit of a documentary on Warren Buffet last night.  Didn't know his father was a four term Congressman.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"