News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

There is now a show named after my California hometown. How odd.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on February 03, 2017, 05:33:08 PM

Santa Clarita?

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on February 03, 2017, 05:33:41 PM

Santa Clarita?

Yep. A pretty non-descript area. I think the closet I recall before was Weeds with Stevenson Ranch.

Liep

It's pretty funny. I've seen a couple of episode so maybe the novelty will wear off though.

The town looked exactly like the one in Weeds.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on February 03, 2017, 06:41:38 PM
The town looked exactly like the one in Weeds.

Well Stevenson Ranch is on the other side of the freeway from Santa Clarita. :D

katmai

Quote from: garbon on February 03, 2017, 05:37:23 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 03, 2017, 05:33:41 PM

Santa Clarita?

Yep. A pretty non-descript area. I think the closet I recall before was Weeds with Stevenson Ranch.

That is where my sister lives.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on February 02, 2017, 06:43:16 PM
Enjoyed the last two episodes of 'Sherlock', they had a nice cinematic quality and length to them.  :bowler:

That'd be a change of pace from the earlier episodes, which I was recently dragooned into watching; I like 'em okay as stories and as acting pieces, but they are aggressively butt-ugly.  They look like well-heeled student films.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

A Room with a View is on TV. I keep imagining young Helena Bonham Carter in BDSM situations.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.