News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: celedhring on January 31, 2017, 09:35:44 AM
Ben Affleck has quit from the director gig for the next Batman movie (he'll still star in it). Well, that's all my interest in that film gone. I was looking forward seeing what he would do with that.

Did they say who will replace him? Hopefully not some studio hack   :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on January 31, 2017, 10:31:54 AM
Quote from: viper37 on January 31, 2017, 10:30:06 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 31, 2017, 09:35:44 AM
Ben Affleck has quit from the director gig for the next Batman movie (he'll still star in it). Well, that's all my interest in that film gone. I was looking forward seeing what he would do with that.
Didn't he direct Batman vs Superman?

No, Zack Snyder was the culprit.
ah, ok. sad news then.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

That Live by Night movie he directed bombed (didn't see it).
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

celedhring

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 31, 2017, 12:04:27 PM
That Live by Night movie he directed bombed (didn't see it).

I don't think WB has pressured him to step down though, but I suspect that "Live by Night"'s failure may have mined his confidence. He's reportedly rather mentally fragile.

KRonn

Humans is starting up again, I think this week/weekend. Good show, a British show. Second season coming up.

I also got into Black Sails, watching all the season's shows over the past few weeks. I'm really liking it. This is season four, the show's finale. It seems none of the characters are all good or all bad. Makes for some  some good acting to flesh out the interesting type characters.

viper37

Yes, Black Sails is very good.  I haven't watched the first episode of season 4 yet.  Don't know when that'll happen either :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Watched Genius.  Gifted editor Maxwell Perkins (Colin Firth) helps exuberant enfant terrible Thomas Wolfe (Jude Law) edit his novels. 

Unfortunately, that's pretty much the entire movie.  Two guys discussing how to edit books.  :boring:

Sophie Scholl

Finally pulled the trigger and bought the complete Babylon 5 collection.  I'm planning on looking up a viewing order and starting tonight or tomorrow.  I'm hoping the pleasant memories hold up to the actual product.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2017, 08:48:54 PM
Watched Genius.  Gifted editor Maxwell Perkins (Colin Firth) helps exuberant enfant terrible Thomas Wolfe (Jude Law) edit his novels. 

Unfortunately, that's pretty much the entire movie.  Two guys discussing how to edit books.  :boring:

If only Thomas Wolfe was actually a genius author. :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2017, 08:48:54 PM

Yeah, my GF dragged me to it months ago. It's a bore.

celedhring

Dennis Villeneuve announced for yet another Dune iteration. I think he's great for it, though.

Josephus

Watched Episode One of Black Mirror.

The one with the pig.

Wow.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: celedhring on February 01, 2017, 05:59:57 AM
Dennis Villeneuve announced for yet another Dune iteration. I think he's great for it, though.

This might be amazing.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on February 01, 2017, 09:23:22 AM
Watched Episode One of Black Mirror.

The one with the pig.

Wow.

Yeah, I haven't decided if I am going to move forward with that show.  Everybody raves about it, but...well, c'mon.