News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: The Brain on February 17, 2017, 05:22:13 PM
Michael Bolton's Big, Sexy Valentine's Day Special - pretty good.

I just watched this today and was coming here to post about it.  I think it was better than pretty good, I thought it was hilarious.  I highly recommend it to anyone who has Netflix and enjoys stupid immature humor.

Josquius

Dr Strange- Well, that was odd. I was expecting something far more trippy and other worldly. Instead much of it takes place in Inception style warped city environments. It plays like the first episode of a potentially interesting TV series. As a stand alone film... meh.
The inter-credit scene with Thor was dumb. Felt like it belonged years later.
Marvel is jumping the shark greatly... but still OK.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them- Did they have such awesome teleportation magic in Harry Potter? Can't recall that. Pretty interesting setting and some cool points though nothing great breaking.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on February 14, 2017, 08:39:40 PM
Young Pope. Anyone watching that? So seems like this was a one-off season. The ending said, quite clearly, The End. And they pretty much left no loose ends. Too bad..I kinda liked it.

when it got to the last two episodes I began to really enjoy it.  But it was hard getting to that point.  Too bad it ended just as it was paying off.

garbon

I was just watching the first episode of BBC's adaptation of SS-GB (I'll need to see another episode before I can tell if I like it) and noticed something odd in the closed captioning*. When there was some street noise, the CC read 'Hubbub' What a delightful phrasing. :D

*yes, I always watch things with subtitles if I can. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on February 19, 2017, 05:01:29 PM
I was just watching the first episode of BBC's adaptation of SS-GB (I'll need to see another episode before I can tell if I like it) and noticed something odd in the closed captioning*. When there was some street noise, the CC read 'Hubbub' What a delightful phrasing. :D

*yes, I always watch things with subtitles if I can. -_-

Oh thanks for the reminder, I was wondering when it would be on.

Off to watch it on iplayer.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Took my nieces to the 10 am showing of Rocky at the historic Senator.  They were good sports about it, and liked it.  Of course, Uncle Jay Jay is still the only one that tears up at the end.   <_<

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

You and your The A-Team fetish.

Ed Anger

I'm more of a Murdock fan.

CountDeMoney

Best 10-year old's quotes after the movie--

"Apollo Creed is too full of himself."
"Are all the people in Philadelphia that mad at life all the time, like back then?"

Ed Anger

:lol:

You should dig up that video of Filthydelphians throwing snowballs at Santa for them. You would be Best Uncle then.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2017, 08:18:02 PM
Best 10-year old's quotes after the movie--

"Apollo Creed is too full of himself."
"Are all the people in Philadelphia that mad at life all the time, like back then?"
:D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2017, 08:24:44 PM
:lol:

You should dig up that video of Filthydelphians throwing snowballs at Santa for them. You would be Best Uncle then.

I think he got his ass kicked in the parking lot too, for being a Skins fan.

Syt

Apparently the BBC has adapted Len Deighton's SS-GB for TV?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-GB_(TV_series)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.