And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on November 19, 2016, 02:31:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2016, 09:16:53 AM
Although, I'd have banged the hell out of the little Brit brunette with the Dorothy Hamill haircut, little pert breasticles trying to hide under that woolen sweater, oh I see you, you know you can't hide.

Sarah Jane Smith?

Aye, guvnuh.

There's a scene where she's speaking and, right in the middle of her dialogue, she stops and licks her lips.  I mean, she licks them 360 degrees.  And then starts speaking again.  Oh, you naughty, naughty main character companion.

crazy canuck

Watched the Netlix series on Commodus.  It is an interesting mix of the HBO series Rome (complete with nudity so Josephus will approve) and narration with interview clips with historians like Anthony Everitt. 

Admiral Yi

Watching How To Be Single, with 50 Shades chick and that really fat Brit.  50 Shades looks pretty damn good.

garbon

If you are talking Rebel Wilson, she's Australian.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I've been watching a show called Crazy Ex Girlfriend.
It's rather good.
Even many of the songs avoid being annoying and are funny.
I like how it represents real world friendship dynamics well- introducing characters as one off jokes in the background only for them then to reappear down the line and become a bit more major. It doesn't just introduce totally new people willy nilly.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on November 22, 2016, 06:00:27 AM
I've been watching a show called Crazy Ex Girlfriend.
It's rather good.
Even many of the songs avoid being annoying and are funny.
I like how it represents real world friendship dynamics well- introducing characters as one off jokes in the background only for them then to reappear down the line and become a bit more major. It doesn't just introduce totally new people willy nilly.

Ah, I've been actually watching it to. I think the bits about background jokes that reappear [spoiler]like the prostitute who is running around breaking up marriages[/spoiler] are well done.

Bit iffy on the musical numbers too though yeah on the balance they are actually quite amusing.

Big issue for me is the whole [spoiler]Rebecca, Josh and Greg main plot where its like none of you are all that good for one another and too much was spent telling us that Rebecca and Josh are a good fit even though we basically never see that.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

20 years since Star Trek: First Contact was released in US cinemas. Tempus fugit. :(

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on November 21, 2016, 05:17:05 PM
I watched Ghost Dog (1999) again.  After this election I find myself longing for the ancient ways.   :(

Still my favorite Jim Jarmusch film (although I haven't yet seen "Gimme Danger.")  I doubt anyone but Forest Whitaker could have made such a cold-blooded killer so warm and human.  Cliff Gorman rapping along with Flavor Flav is still great.

Mine remains "Dead Man". Read to us from the good book!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

My kid's latest cartoon obsession is Star vs. The Forces of Evil.

It's as if Rick and Morty were, somehow, made into a G-rated cartoon about a magical Disney princess, who has just snorted huge amounts of cocaine.  :D 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Gups

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2016, 09:13:14 AM
Flipping channels this AM, and tripped over the Doctor Who marathon on BBC America.  Had an episode from 1975, with all the production value of a middle school science fair. :bleeding:  Oh, you poor Brits.  And this was all you had back then with 4 TV channels.

Only 3 back then. We'd have to wait another 8 years for the imaginatively titled Channel 4.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 21, 2016, 11:15:33 PM
Watched the Netlix series on Commodus.  It is an interesting mix of the HBO series Rome (complete with nudity so Josephus will approve) and narration with interview clips with historians like Anthony Everitt.

:) :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Quote from: Josephus on November 22, 2016, 09:41:02 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 21, 2016, 11:15:33 PM

:) :)

Is it any good? I saw it pop on my Netflix recommendations list, but I wondered if it's decent of just some History Channel-level dross.

celedhring

Designated Survivor: yay or nay?

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on November 22, 2016, 02:16:26 PM
Designated Survivor: yay or nay?
A mashup of Quantico and The West Wing.

It's about half (real, in this case) conspiracy theory from an unseen all powerful group bent on creating war between the US and some country (or radically changing US politics) and how politics really work in the White House.

It's not as good as Quantico and not as good as the first few years of The West Wing, but it ain't too bad either.  Kiefer Sutherland does a good job, but the show is kinda predictable.

I'd say pass until there's a full season.  Unless you happen to have time to waste.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

I gave up on it after 4 episodes.

It was just too smarmy and obvious. Sutherland is just so good, and the Evil DC Politicians just so obvious.

It is about an inch and a half deep at best.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned