News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on September 23, 2016, 07:39:16 AM
She was 13 or 14 when she played the daughter in Horse Whisperer.

she was hot then too, but I wouldn't say that anywhere publicly.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2016, 08:23:23 AM

Good idea.

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2016, 08:23:23 AM

That's some really "creepy old man" territory.  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on September 23, 2016, 09:15:20 AM

I realized the other day that if I ogle young women I'm now in "paunchy middle aged creepy dude" territory and still have a long ways to go till I enter the "creepy in a weirdly sweet way old man" zone. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

The Franchise Awakens was on HBO last night and I watched a bit.  Rewatch value is low and reconfirmed my original mediocre assessment.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2016, 12:10:44 PM
The Franchise Awakens was on HBO last night and I watched a bit.  Rewatch value is low and reconfirmed my original mediocre assessment.

Disagree.  There's a lot of tiny details and easter eggs I missed on the first go round that I only picked up on in repeated viewings.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on September 23, 2016, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 23, 2016, 09:15:20 AM

I realized the other day that if I ogle young women I'm now in "paunchy middle aged creepy dude" territory and still have a long ways to go till I enter the "creepy in a weirdly sweet way old man" zone. :(

Nah, at 50, I'm pretty much knee deep into "creepy old man"
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Watching the 60s series The Prisoner with my kid. Still holds up well, after 50 years!

The use of a weather balloon as the threat has to be the best special effects decision they made - apparently they originally ordered some sort of robot mock-up, which looked terrible, and came up with using a weather balloon because they happened to see one floating in the sky. Now, it is hard to imagine "Rover" as being anything else.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on September 14, 2016, 06:46:48 AM

There's also the Film Museum which does more esoteric stuff like currently a thing with French crime movies 1958 - 2009.

Just checked it out of curiosity. No "so bad it's good" French cop movies. The '80s was the pinnacle of this sub-genre, or nadir for the whole genre.
For instance, no vigilante Delon movie à la Parole de Flic (Der Panther auf Deutsch). Belmondo never reached such hilarious depths. ;)

List goes beyond cop movies though.

Admiral Yi

Also watched a bit of some romcom with the horny dude from Horrible Bosses.  Something about two sex addicts hooking up.  Tried to be Woody Allen clever but just wasn't doing it.  Plus the chick was not cute enough to keep watching.

Tonitrus

"Stand Up Guys" w/Al Pacino & Christopher Walken.

Kind of a modern version of Tough Guys.  I enjoyed it.

Eddie Teach

Now You See Me 2. And Captain America Civil War which Mark Ruffalo should have done instead.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2016, 12:10:44 PM
I watched a bit 
Rewatch value is low

Doesn't rewatch value require actually watching it, as opposed to a bit?