Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on September 07, 2016, 02:18:33 PM
12 Monkeys (the TV series). Yay or nay?

Background: I love time travel shit.

I like this series pretty well, I give it a yay. Check it out and see if you like it.

Eddie Teach

Punch-Drunk Love. Adam Sandler gets to act like himself but doesn't try to be funny, so he actually does a passable job.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Watched The Searchers on Netflix for the first time in yoinks. Still an amazing movie.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2016, 05:38:32 AM
Watched The Searchers on Netflix for the first time in yoinks. Still an amazing movie.

Spanish Netflix has a pretty awful selection of classics. They seem to be focusing almost exclusively on stuff made after 2000 to get the millenials on board I guess.  :sleep:

Syt

Yeah, the selection in Austria isn't great, either. And I don't know if I got Searchers only because I'm currently in Switzerland.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Room.

After being liberated, a 5 year old boy, raised in captivity, discovers the world.
The mother was captured by a pedophile at 17, she was locked up in a shack, where she presumably gave birth to the boy.  As the movie starts, they celebrate his 5th birthday and the mom is trying to convince him now that it's not "space" out of the shack, but an entire world, with real trees, real people.

Finally liberated, the boy has some trouble adjusting to real life.

It's a fascinating movie.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Been meaning to watch that one.
It sounds like a grim dark kimmy schmidt.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2016, 02:36:28 PM

Because the premise behind Kimmy Schmidt wasn't?  :lol:

Anyway, it's a good movie; just the sort of thing Brie Larson needed to pull away from Scott Pilgrim-land and into real Hollywood orbit.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2016, 02:39:33 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2016, 02:36:28 PM

Because the premise behind Kimmy Schmidt wasn't?  :lol:

Anyway, it's a good movie; just the sort of thing Brie Larson needed to pull away from Scott Pilgrim-land and into real Hollywood orbit.

Nah, wasn't really all that grim a premise in Kimmy Schmidt as they treated it with constant levity and you never had to think that they were subjected to terrible shit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Batman vs Superman. What the FUCK did I just watch? I mean I knew it was gonna be bad...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Cleopatra (1963)

I would not have expected that Augustus Caesar would be portrayed as such a weasaly character.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 10, 2016, 07:15:42 PM
Cleopatra (1963)

I would not have expected that Augustus Caesar would be portrayed as such a weasaly character.  :lol:

You mean Cornelius?   :lol:  And was Martin Landau always 60 years old?

That entire movie is a magnificent classic piece of shit. Fortunately, Liz's tits have their own gravitational pull.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 10, 2016, 07:15:42 PM
Cleopatra (1963)

Did you notice Carroll O'Connor as Casca? Blink and you miss it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I enjoyed the last bit of Captain Phillips, when the skinnies got sniped. MMMMMONSTER KILL!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2016, 08:12:06 PM
I enjoyed the last bit of Captain Phillips, when the skinnies got sniped. MMMMMONSTER KILL!

LOL  And on a 2x experience weekend.