News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Yeah, looking forward to that.  I am confident it'll be done right.

Did you see the new "Quarry" series due to start on Skinemax soon?  Based on the "Quarry" novels of the 70's...anybody ever read them? 

I'm afraid Mack Bolan/Able Team/Phoenix Force was the earliest I go back as far as action novels go  :lol:

11B4V

Ill keep an eye out for Quarry. First time I noticed it. They must not be really pushing it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Yeah, looks to me like they just pretty much started kicking off the trailer blitz this past weekend.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2016, 04:08:48 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2016, 04:07:33 PM
Just watched Casablanca again. It's been a while.

Pretty sure it's got the same ending.

Yeah, it hadn't changed... but like I said, it's a long time ago so plenty of the intermediate bits were pretty vague. Also, my wife hadn't seen it so she was held in suspense until the very end.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2016, 04:07:33 PM
Just watched Casablanca again. It's been a while.
There's never been a remake of this movie.  It is strange.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

frunk

viper37

Saw the first one, but it was so awful I never made the connection.
Never saw the second one, don't think I will seek it out juding by the reviews :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

12 Monkeys (the TV series). Yay or nay?

Background: I love time travel shit.

Berkut

What about Narcos? Any good?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

Quote from: Berkut on September 07, 2016, 02:19:06 PM
What about Narcos? Any good?

It's cool I guess. The Spanish-language actors are hilariously bad though, it's pretty obvious a lot of them aren't comfortable with the language at all, which took me off from the show. but I suppose you won't notice that.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on September 07, 2016, 02:18:33 PM

It seemed quite cool for a few episodes....but I just lost attention and stopped watching at about the 5th or 6th. *shrug*
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: celedhring on September 07, 2016, 02:18:33 PM

I do too...but really couldn't get past episode 4 or 5
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011