News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Threviel on April 07, 2020, 05:42:07 AM
If I were an intergalactic guardian looking out for and safeguarding new advanced life and if I got a signal from that new life and that signal was suddenly inexplicable stopped whilst there's a large star ship fleet around the originating spot, well... Then I would investigate what the fuck was going on, not just go back into the void.

[spoiler]The beacon did not look like a simple signal, but more like something that opened some kind of artificial wormhole or something, and then it closed down on them when they shut the signal.
[/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

How to train your dragon - its a kids film. So the huge plot holes are forgivable, as are the accents. Enjoyable film about cat dragons with a nice anti nationalist message.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Captain Future (Capitaine Flam) marathon on the cable channel called Mangas (sic) TV.
Earlier there was City Hunter (Nicky Larson), Goldorak a.k. a UFO Robot Grendizer (giant mochas inside) plus Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.
Quite the nostalgy programming for lockdown. Only missing the Rose of Versailles for its scheming Robespierre and Ninja-style Saint-Just.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2020, 10:15:52 AM
Captain Future (Capitaine Flam) marathon on the cable channel called Mangas (sic) TV.
Earlier there was City Hunter (Nicky Larson), Goldorak a.k. a UFO Robot Grendizer (giant mochas inside) plus Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.
Quite the nostalgy programming for lockdown. Only missing the Rose of Versailles for its scheming Robespierre and Ninja-style Saint-Just.

:cool:

Also Duque, have you checked out that survivors tv episode yet? :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Not yet, I had not saved the link. It's easy to find on youtube anyways.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2020, 11:32:55 AM
Not yet, I had not saved the link. It's easy to find on youtube anyways.

:cool:

That safe.*

* Over here this seems to becoming the go to partying comment in a lot of interactions or shop transactions.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

An observation on tiger King - the libertarian was the same one :blink:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on April 12, 2020, 04:41:01 AM

I loved how the first time you see him he's this fresh-faced young dude working at Wall-Mart and after a few months/years of working for Exotic he already starts looking like a disheveled methead like everybody else :lol:

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on April 12, 2020, 04:58:37 AM

I loved how the first time you see him he's this fresh-faced young dude working at Wall-Mart and after a few months/years of working for Exotic he already starts looking like a disheveled methead like everybody else :lol:
Typoed and meant sane... but yes. That too :lol:

Incidentally watched the followup this morning. Wow, the ex-husband looks and even sounds completely different.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

The Golden Horde (a Russian series, free on Amazon Prime).

So far, pretty good, with good production values.  If you're a fan of the historical costume drama, it is worth a look.

Malthus

An observation on tiger King - the libertarian was the sane one :blink:

Heh then, apparently, outside the TV series,  he was arrested for attacking someone with a sword.

http://www.kten.com/story/36854922/sword-wielding-suspect-jailed-in-pauls-valley
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Detective Pikachu. A triumph :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Killing Eve season 3. Villanelle speaking Catalan  :wub:

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on April 13, 2020, 07:33:34 AM

I haven't watched that show but have seen some pretty good previews. How is it, a good show? Looks like a drama/thriller with murder and intrigue.

celedhring

Quote from: KRonn on April 13, 2020, 09:11:17 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 13, 2020, 07:33:34 AM

I haven't watched that show but have seen some pretty good previews. How is it, a good show? Looks like a drama/thriller with murder and intrigue.

It's a drama/thriller but it carries a heavy dose of dark comedy. I think it's great, but I suppose you have to dig the tone.