News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I was excited to read they're making a TV series version of tales from the loop....

Though they've shifted the setting to America. Which makes it so much less appealing. The Swedish setting was part of the cool.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 08, 2020, 04:42:17 AM
I was excited to read they're making a TV series version of tales from the loop....

Though they've shifted the setting to America. Which makes it so much less appealing. The Swedish setting was part of the cool.

I didn't know if it until the show and two eps in I'm not sure how I feel about it. Gives Black Mirror/Twilight Zone vibes with so far just a very bleak tone, in a completely unexplained setting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Quote from: Syt on April 08, 2020, 03:31:43 AM
Loved the new episode of Better Call Saul. Very Western/Noir style - the quick, easy job that turns very, very bad. :D

Major "oh no" moment was [spoiler]Kim meeting Lalo. This will most certainly lead to pain down the line, because now Lalo has something that he can use to put the hurt on Jimmy/Saul if he needs to.[/spoiler]

Brilliant episode although a bit of a reboot of the Breaking Bad one when Walter and Jessie try to restart the vehicle.

[spoiler]Quite clearly signalled by Mike saying "she's in the game now". I didn't really understand the set up though. I assumed that when the twins pick up the loot, the guy phones Fring who organises the hijack of Jimmy. But if so, why does Mike intervene. And if not, how does Mike know what's happening and where?[/spoiler]

Syt

Quote from: Gups on April 08, 2020, 08:00:05 AM[spoiler]Quite clearly signalled by Mike saying "she's in the game now". I didn't really understand the set up though. I assumed that when the twins pick up the loot, the guy phones Fring who organises the hijack of Jimmy. But if so, why does Mike intervene. And if not, how does Mike know what's happening and where?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It could be a double cross by Gus. He gets informed about the money drop, sends his goons to make it look like he tries to prevent it, but in actuality sends Mike to take out his own guys. Kind of how he torches his own restaurant.

I think mike taking Jimmy along was not planned. After taking out the baddies, Mike wants to take the money to his car and only takes Jimmy's when he realizes it won't work. I think the original plan was to take out the guys, get the money and leave Jimmy with his car out there.[/spoiler]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on April 08, 2020, 08:17:26 AM
Quote from: Gups on April 08, 2020, 08:00:05 AM[spoiler]Quite clearly signalled by Mike saying "she's in the game now". I didn't really understand the set up though. I assumed that when the twins pick up the loot, the guy phones Fring who organises the hijack of Jimmy. But if so, why does Mike intervene. And if not, how does Mike know what's happening and where?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It could be a double cross by Gus. He gets informed about the money drop, sends his goons to make it look like he tries to prevent it, but in actuality sends Mike to take out his own guys. Kind of how he torches his own restaurant.

I think mike taking Jimmy along was not planned. After taking out the baddies, Mike wants to take the money to his car and only takes Jimmy's when he realizes it won't work. I think the original plan was to take out the guys, get the money and leave Jimmy with his car out there.[/spoiler]

What is this a WH response to a freedom of information request?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Threviel

Lots of old classic B-movies seemingly for free.

https://beemoz.com/

Gups

Quote from: mongers on April 08, 2020, 08:39:30 AM

Bizarrely, this reminded me that I'd had a response to an FOI request yesterday and I had forgotten to pass on to the client. Thanks Mongers!

Syt

Quote from: Threviel on April 08, 2020, 08:40:38 AM
Lots of old classic B-movies seemingly for free.

https://beemoz.com/

I'm questioning the legality of the site, considering it has some well  known genre movies, like Peter Jackson's Meet The Feebles and Dead Alive/Braindead; or Cannibal! The Musical by Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park fame.

https://beemoz.com/info/about
"Beemoz is an independent collection of clips not associated with Youtube.com or any of the creators or the distributors of the movies on the site."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Gups on April 08, 2020, 08:45:17 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 08, 2020, 08:39:30 AM

Bizarrely, this reminded me that I'd had a response to an FOI request yesterday and I had forgotten to pass on to the client. Thanks Mongers!

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: Gups on April 08, 2020, 08:00:05 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 08, 2020, 03:31:43 AM
Loved the new episode of Better Call Saul. Very Western/Noir style - the quick, easy job that turns very, very bad. :D

Major "oh no" moment was [spoiler]Kim meeting Lalo. This will most certainly lead to pain down the line, because now Lalo has something that he can use to put the hurt on Jimmy/Saul if he needs to.[/spoiler]

Brilliant episode although a bit of a reboot of the Breaking Bad one when Walter and Jessie try to restart the vehicle.

[spoiler]Quite clearly signalled by Mike saying "she's in the game now". I didn't really understand the set up though. I assumed that when the twins pick up the loot, the guy phones Fring who organises the hijack of Jimmy. But if so, why does Mike intervene. And if not, how does Mike know what's happening and where?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah...I still doubt they will kill her off.  My leaning for the what-happens-to-Kim theory now is that she ends up having to visit the vacuum repair salesman.  And that will tie in with post-BB Saul later on.  [/spoiler]

Zanza

I am watching Tiger King. What the fuck.

Habbaku

Oh, don't worry, it gets way what-the-fuck-er.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Yeah, it's a bizzare show. I don't get why it works so well.
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

I described Tiger King episode to episode like this:

It starts out and you realize you are watching a train wreck happen. Huh.

Then, after the trains crash into another, they burst into flames, and you think "Wow, that is not good!"

Then a semi truck crashes into the burning trains, and it is full of aviation fuel, and you think "Damn! I didn't think that could get any worse!"

Then you find out that one of the trains was actually full of nuns.

Finally, a fucking airplane flying over to film the disaster, crashes INTO the wreckage itself.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Then you realize the drivers of all of these vehicles were stoned out of their minds on meth. 😉
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius