News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on April 11, 2017, 04:45:46 AM
Several people are recommending me to watch Suits - what's Languish opinion on it?

I liked the first couple of seasons or so.

My biggest gripe with it was that they went with the very, very lazy "he is so smart he instantly memorises everything" explanation for the main protagonist's quick rise.

"He's, like, superhuman smart, bro" is right there as second laziest plot line, right after timetravel.

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on April 11, 2017, 05:50:17 AM

"He's, like, superhuman smart, bro" is right there as second laziest plot line, right after timetravel.

:blush:

But yeah, the "he's supersmart" aspect kinda throws me off. Seems a bit gimmicky.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 11, 2017, 06:03:41 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 11, 2017, 05:50:17 AM

:blush:

But yeah, the "he's supersmart" aspect kinda throws me off. Seems a bit gimmicky.

Even more when they throw around concepts like eidetic or photographic memory, which is not actually a thing. Like the "we only use 10% of our brains" BS.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2017, 08:44:37 AM
new thor trailer looks like it'll be good.

https://youtu.be/v7MGUNV8MxU

Oh my God! That looks amazing!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

:yawn: enough of superhero fairytales already!

HVC

It's either heroes or live action remakes of 90s cartoons these days. W
Which would you prefer :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Suits is worth it for the first few seasons if only just for Donna. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2017, 07:49:19 AM

:yes:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 11, 2017, 07:29:20 AM
:yawn: enough of superhero fairytales already!

I'm okay if it is mostly played off as a comedy film, otherwise yeah.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sophie Scholl

I was expecting Seedy to have this comment.  Huh.  I rather enjoyed Rachel. :wub:  Donna was pretty awesome though.  Harvey's taste in music was solid as well.  Introduced me to Charles Bradley.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Donna is some serious eye candy. Nom3

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 11, 2017, 02:35:20 PM
I was expecting Seedy to have this comment.  Huh.  I rather enjoyed Rachel.

As a character, Donna is way more interesting and I don't think garbon cares much about their looks.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Gups

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 11, 2017, 02:35:20 PM
I was expecting Seedy to have this comment.  Huh.  I rather enjoyed Rachel. :wub:  Donna was pretty awesome though.  Harvey's taste in music was solid as well.  Introduced me to Charles Bradley.

Hmm. Luke Cage introduced me to him. Fella's doing well from TV.

CountDeMoney

Got sucked into The White Queen, just in time for The White Princess:unsure:  :ph34r:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2017, 09:21:47 AM
Got sucked into The White Queen, just in time for The White Princess:unsure:  :ph34r:

OK princess
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".