dps

Quote from: Barrister on April 05, 2017, 11:52:10 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 05, 2017, 11:47:26 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2017, 11:08:03 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 05, 2017, 10:44:27 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 05, 2017, 10:42:27 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2017, 10:38:44 AM
hott?

She's been drawn about a dozen different ways over the years.  I think they go for more of a "cute" angle that "hott" generally.

Unless you have a thing for girls with 3 foot long bushy tails.

ah, the 70's

I believe the character was created, as a joke, in the 90s. Then it became surprisingly successful.

so like a squirrel themed deadpool

A G-rated, squirrel-themed, deadpool.

Yeah, she was created as a reaction against darker, grittier comics, with the idea that comics should be fun first and foremost.

Josquius

I continue to watch andromeda.
My God those opening credits on s2 are terrible.

Apparently Kevin Sorbo is very Christian and blames this on his career failure.
I wonder how that worked with his playing Hercules
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Yeah couldn't be his career stalled because of his acting skills on B-list shows...

Also, if his quote about how Hollywood should only have believers direct/write movies that are about Christian stories is reflective of his day to day working demeanor, I could see people being turned off by someone trying to throw their religion at them all the time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Anyone seen Denial, about the David Irving court case? Opens here today, might give it a shot this weekend.  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Yeah, not the most exciting movie. It was ok.

Josquius

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 06, 2017, 03:02:41 AM
He was... acting.  :P

In a show about pagan gods. Seems the sort of thing that would really annoy conservative Christians
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

There are as many variations of Christians as there are atheists. Not all of them are that uptight.

11B4V

Rogue One: B+ way better than JJ's unimaginative generation assburger shitfest.

Dr Strange: A-
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Maladict

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 06, 2017, 04:49:53 AM
Yeah, not the most exciting movie. It was ok.

You were right.  :(

The Brain

Keanu. Some isolated decent ideas, but pretty meh and drags like a motherfucker.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2017, 05:28:27 AM

In a show about pagan gods. Seems the sort of thing that would really annoy conservative Christians

How many conservative Christians do you personally know that are annoyed by campy TV shows about Homeric Greece?  Be honest.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2017, 07:45:33 PM

How many conservative Christians do you personally know that are annoyed by campy TV shows about Homeric Greece?  Be honest.

I don't know any conservative Christians so....
I have however seen their moans about Harry Potter, D&D and the like.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2017, 05:17:44 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2017, 07:45:33 PM

I don't know any conservative Christians so....
I have however seen their moans about Harry Potter, D&D and the like.

Oh, so you don't know shit then....
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

I didn't personally know Hitler so I don't know if he was naughty or nice. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.