Quote from: The Larch on April 20, 2017, 04:26:27 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2017, 08:22:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2017, 08:17:11 PM
The Little Hours

Lol wut

Might be worth it for Nick Offerman

I thought that you might go for Alison Brie in a nun outfilt.:perv:

That is why I added it to my imdb watchlist.   :whistle:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Live By Night- passable gangster flick.
Frank and Lola- Yawn. One of those "thrillers" where the suspense is about who fucked who and when.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

On one of my flights I watched "Gravity Falls."  That was a good recommendation, Malthus, thanks.

I looked through a couple other Disney Television things they had.  One was called "Star versus the Forces of Evil."  It's a high school comedy-drama with a butt-kicking alien princess; obviously aimed at tweens.  I think people of my generation will have a hard time not noticing how much this steals from Ren and Stimpy.  If you're a twelve year old girl who smokes a lot of weed then this is the show  for you!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on April 21, 2017, 03:48:30 PM
On one of my flights I watched "Gravity Falls."  That was a good recommendation, Malthus, thanks.

I looked through a couple other Disney Television things they had.  One was called "Star versus the Forces of Evil."  It's a high school comedy-drama with a butt-kicking alien princess; obviously aimed at tweens.  I think people of my generation will have a hard time not noticing how much this steals from Ren and Stimpy.  If you're a twelve year old girl who smokes a lot of weed then this is the show  for you!

Both are awesome shows!

I'm glad you enjoyed Gravity Falls.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil starts off light and maniac, ideal for stoned tweens as you say. I emphasize "starts off".

It gets very weird and surprisingly dark - in a good way. The adorable butt-kicking magical alien princess is, well, really alien; in one episode she goes through an alien version of puberty, which takes its cue from the movie "Alien".  :lol: 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Really getting fed up with your bullshit, Spleen Racer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 21, 2017, 07:07:36 PM
Really getting fed up with your bullshit, Spleen Racer.

Don't make me stuff you into a locker.

CountDeMoney

mongers

'Department Q - The Absent One' - a Danish police drama thriller, worth a viewing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2017, 04:08:37 PM
Both are awesome shows!

I'm glad you enjoyed Gravity Falls.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil starts off light and maniac, ideal for stoned tweens as you say. I emphasize "starts off".

It gets very weird and surprisingly dark - in a good way. The adorable butt-kicking magical alien princess is, well, really alien; in one episode she goes through an alien version of puberty, which takes its cue from the movie "Alien".  :lol:

Okay, I'll give Star vs. the Forces of Evil another chance if it's available on a plane again.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Lego Batman (2017)

The greatest Batman film since 1966 :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:.

;)

This is a great deal of fun, with tons of jokes aimed at adults that come so fast and so furious that it would benefit from re-watching.  It also provides kick in the pants the last several joyless big screen versions of Batman badly needed.  It's also a major step up from the original Lego Movie.  For anyone who has seen one of the many Chevy "Focus Group" commercials here's one that you might actually enjoy:

Batmobile Focus Group

Admiral Yi

Watched "The Dancer Upstairs," John Malkovich's directorial debut.  The story, about tracking down a Shining Path type leader, is kind of lumpy and disjointed.  Also very weird to hear the vastly different English accents of all the Spanish speaking cast.  What the fuck kinda accent the blond was supposed to have, I got ninguna clue.

CountDeMoney

Why is BBC America running The Patriot, knowing full well it does absolutely nothing for transatlantic relations.

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2017, 09:41:26 PM
Why is BBC America running The Patriot, knowing full well it does absolutely nothing for transatlantic relations.

To improve transpacific relations. Australia :hug:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?