And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2017, 03:52:14 PM
Iron Fist, real dialogue Episode 8

[spoiler]Claire: Have you considered that your plan sucks?
Danny: It doesn't suck.
Colleen: That's kinda harsh, Claire.[/spoiler]

:bleeding:

[spoiler]And then she agrees to take part[/spoiler]

Some of it is, indeed, self-referentially bad.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on April 03, 2017, 03:56:34 PM

[spoiler]Claire is also now literally the worst. I don't understand how that character went from interesting sidekick to be biggest moaner ever.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on April 03, 2017, 11:24:35 AM
Just remember that there's a whole generation of people out there for whom The Simpsons have always existed, and who were often born after the show's creative zenith. :P

:mad:

Josquius

I'm about halfway through Iron Fist.
It is indeed weaker than the other marvel series. A bit disjointed. Interesting they did the "we don't believe you" bit on his return, far better than Green Arrows back to business as usual. Though they resolved that rather quickly and then it was right to business.
The whole deal with karate chick. Yawn. Cliche.

It strikes me I would have loved this show when I was 13 or so. Kung fu ftw. These days though.... Standards are higher.

I keep waiting for one of the other marvel TV heroes to show up and improve things. 
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2017, 04:49:25 PM
Quote from: Scipio on April 03, 2017, 03:56:34 PM

[spoiler]Claire is also now literally the worst. I don't understand how that character went from interesting sidekick to be biggest moaner ever.[/spoiler]

Yeah, they should have totally done away with the "Claire always shows up in every superhero series" concept. She just has no part to play in this (nor did in Cage imho), and it shows in how shoehorned she feels. At least in Jessica Jones she had just a bit part, and it didn't feel that forced.

Struggling to find the willpower to watch the last eps of Iron Fist. I thought it was very flawed but still had some interesting stuff, but it has underdelivered on an already shaky promise.

I hope Defenders is better, that one has the creative team from Daredevil behind it. I liked Jessica and Cage better, but Daredevil is good enough.

garbon

Yeah, I'd agree with that on Claire. I'm now in episode 9. [spoiler]The sudden violence of killing Kyle (though not so sudden given that just before we were told the narrative about how this was going to happen), seemed completely unearned by this show. It's been so teen melodrama that it felt inappropriate for it to try and grasp at some sort of horror plot.[/spoiler]

Ugh, I know I'll see this through but I won't be happy about it. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

So Tim Burton is making a live action dumbo movie. Because of course he is. 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

That's another guy that needed to have shit taken away from him when there was still a chance to stop him.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on April 04, 2017, 07:14:24 PM

General Stillwell will buy a ticket.

Let's see who gets that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2017, 07:17:23 PM

Let's see who gets that.

Hold the block.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2017, 07:17:23 PM

Let's see who gets that.

Is it an old person joke?

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2017, 07:18:38 PM

Secure the block.

I guess so

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Is it an old person joke?

Of course it is. Where do you think you are?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Oh for God's sake, the movie isn't that old.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017