Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2017, 07:50:09 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2017, 05:17:44 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2017, 07:45:33 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2017, 05:28:27 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 06, 2017, 03:02:41 AM
He was... acting.  :P

In a show about pagan gods. Seems the sort of thing that would really annoy conservative Christians

How many conservative Christians do you personally know that are annoyed by campy TV shows about Homeric Greece?  Be honest.

I don't know any conservative Christians so....
I have however seen their moans about Harry Potter, D&D and the like.

Oh, so you don't know shit then....

:lol:
Your gotchaism is so cute.
My logic is valid.
The guy claims he can't get good roles because he is a conservative christian.
Yet he had no trouble launching his career with a role that thoroughly goes counter to conservative christian beliefs.
Something seems fishy.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

No, it's not. You are generalizing based on a few instances which you haven't even observed closely.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

He's claiming people won't hire him because he's Christian.  Not that he can't do un-Christian roles.

dps

Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2017, 05:17:44 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2017, 07:45:33 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2017, 05:28:27 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 06, 2017, 03:02:41 AM
He was... acting.  :P

In a show about pagan gods. Seems the sort of thing that would really annoy conservative Christians

How many conservative Christians do you personally know that are annoyed by campy TV shows about Homeric Greece?  Be honest.

I don't know any conservative Christians so....
I have however seen their moans about Harry Potter, D&D and the like.

Uh, hello.  Have you ever seen me post moaning about any of that stuff?  No, you haven't, because overall it doesn't bother me, at least not because of theological reasons. 

HVC

new thor trailer looks like it'll be good.

https://youtu.be/v7MGUNV8MxU
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Looks like they realized nobody cares about Jane Foster, and people want to see more of the cosmic stuff. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

:P she thinks she's too good for comic book movies anyway. I like the light hearted stuff. Not taking yourself too seriously ( DC main cinematic fault)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2017, 10:13:28 AM
:P she thinks she's too good for comic book movies anyway. I like the light hearted stuff. Not taking yourself too seriously ( DC main cinematic fault)

She wasn't so negative about it in this interview:

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/thor/news/a818142/thor-girlfriend-jane-foster-return-natalie-portman/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

She's going thru the same steps that Vin Diesel went thru.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 10, 2017, 10:31:43 AM

Getting crate trained and fitted for a tracking collar?

Admiral Yi

Watched Factory Girl, the Edie Sedgewick story.  Not a very good movie, but Sienna Miller looks really good in it.

Took me a long time to place the actor that was playing Bob Dylan--Darth Vader!

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 10, 2017, 11:07:30 AM
Watched Factory Girl, the Edie Sedgewick story.  Not a very good movie, but Sienna Miller looks really good in it.

I think the laconic Warhol is the best part. Like when he says why he comes to confession and notes that well it is a sin not to.

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 10, 2017, 11:07:30 AMTook me a long time to place the actor that was playing Bob Dylan--Darth Vader!

Brain isn't all there anymore, old man? ;)

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2017, 11:04:35 AM

Sorta turned on.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2017, 11:04:35 AM

No, did that happen to Vin?  :huh:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Several people are recommending me to watch Suits - what's Languish opinion on it?