Battleship the Movie? Monopoly the Movie? Remaking Clue?

Started by jimmy olsen, April 09, 2010, 11:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2011, 12:27:51 AM
Man, garbon used to be right about stuff a year ago. :P

I was like an oracle. You're bound to get stuff right at some point if you stay in one place all the time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

I was going to suggest a film based on Snap, but pretty much every Shakespeare comedy already exploited that concept.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DontSayBanana

Oh, look, Tim.  We thought we were getting a crappy adaptation of a board game into a movie.

INSTEAD WE'RE GETTING INDEPENDENCE DAY.  AGAIN.
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 18, 2012, 12:55:48 AM
I want a new version of that every summer.  :cool:

There was this wonderful invention called Blu-Ray.  Oh, wait, we already had DVD.  Oh, wait, it was on fucking VHS.

They don't actually need to remake the movie every summer for you to rewatch it, you know.
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josephus on April 10, 2010, 08:32:44 AM
Snakes and Ladders The Movie would be cool.

Snakes and Ladders: a Tale about Pentecostal Roofers

The Larch

Battleship seems that it'll be the mongrel child of Independence Day and Transformers.

CountDeMoney

Liam Neeson obviously needed the cash to cover funeral expenses.

Viking

Quote from: The Larch on March 18, 2012, 06:41:46 AM
Battleship seems that it'll be the mongrel child of Independence Day and Transformers.

This should be the blurb on all their posters. I was certainly not going to watch it before reading your post here.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 10, 2011, 01:32:48 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 10, 2011, 01:22:08 AM
In theory battleship could, perhaps even should, work. A film about battleships not bogged down by history? Awesome.
This though..almost certainly won't be,
Jutland would make an awesome movie.

Brits vs Germans?
You can't have a blockbuster with two bad guys.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Larch

Quote from: Viking on March 18, 2012, 08:46:33 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 18, 2012, 06:41:46 AM

This should be the blurb on all their posters. I was certainly not going to watch it before reading your post here.

Just check the latest trailer, I was expecting Will Smith riding Optimus Prime at some point.

http://youtu.be/u7N-33PbR-g