Leaked video showing US helicopter shooting journalists and civilians

Started by Pat, April 06, 2010, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

this morning, hungarian (non-state) TV news covering the video: "...video leaked about US troops shooting at pedestrians and laughing on them in 2007"

:bleeding: later they do explain the "pedestrians" were armed, but they also used the "relaxed" angle to un-justify shooting the bastards.

Once again I say: if the US collapses, I will build a bunker and keep laughing on all the anti-US wankers suffering through what they thought to be their dream age.

Martinus

Is it normal for Afghani pedestrians to walk around with their rifles in the open? Wouldn't someone tackle them in a civilized country?  :mad:

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2010, 01:38:28 AM
Is it normal for Afghani pedestrians to walk around with their rifles in the open? Wouldn't someone tackle them in a civilized country?  :mad:
:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2010, 01:38:28 AM

Touche'.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on April 08, 2010, 01:28:39 AM
this morning, hungarian (non-state) TV news covering the video: "...video leaked about US troops shooting at pedestrians and laughing on them in 2007"

:bleeding: later they do explain the "pedestrians" were armed, but they also used the "relaxed" angle to un-justify shooting the bastards.

Once again I say: if the US collapses, I will build a bunker and keep laughing on all the anti-US wankers suffering through what they thought to be their dream age.

So, does your wagon double as a bunker or will you have to steal a bunker?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Someone needs to explain to these people that shooting enemy solders when they are "relaxed" is generally the best time for it.

When they are NOT relaxed, they are usually a lot harder to shoot, and sometimes even shoot back!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Strix

I always love video.

During our use of force training each year the instructor shows two video clips of the same scene each from a different squad car therefore each showing a different perspective. In the first clip, two cops walk up behind a black guy walking erratically and shoot him in the back. They basically unload a whole clip each into the guy. If anyone reasonable person saw this video clip the two officers would be charged with murder because it's clear that the "victim" is walking away from the cops. However, the instructor than shows the second clip of the same incident but different angle. In this clip you can see that the black guy is walking away but shooting back over his shoulder. The most amazing thing is that he didn't shoot the officer right behind him (it was almost Pulp Fictonesque). At this point the police officers return fire and hit the criminal. If any reasonable person saw the second clip it would be clear that the shooting was justified.

It's a very good training example of how video and witness testimony can see two clearly different things concerning the same incident.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Ed Anger

Otto I caught the Hungarians planting their beets at Lechfeld. At Mohacs, the Turk caught them pulling the beets up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2010, 12:44:44 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2010, 12:09:53 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2010, 08:22:31 PM
:lmfao:

Again, the pouting. It is classic.

As you know quite well, not only is not me that "usually" makes the formatting error that leads to the seemingly blank post, it is almost never me who does it.  I did it the once, in fact, when the board was new (but I wouldn't expect you to know the precise number).  Your "observation" is, as many of your statements in this thread, untrue.  Nothing in that or my earlier statements that requires reading anything that isn't there.
I recall you doing that way more than once.
Ok, I decided to invest 10 minutes, just to check my sanity and memory.  Well, looking through grumbler's posts to prove such a pointless point may not speak well of my sanity, it does speak well for my memory.

http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3938.msg200876#msg200876
http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3946.msg200796#msg200796
http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3761.msg193305#msg193305

I stopped after getting the third one, with the third one being from about 7 weeks ago.  I'm sure I could rack up more if I went further, but this is enough to disprove your assertion.  Obviously an honorable poster like you would be quick to offer an apology for wrongfully calling me a liar.
Not one of those shows me making any format errors.  :lol:
So, not only am I not "usually" the one doing that, you cannot find any examples of me doing it at all?

Beautiful that you think this "does speak well" for your memory!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Do we have state television in the US?  Is PBS state television?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 08, 2010, 11:29:19 AM
Not one of those shows me making any format errors.  :lol:
So, not only am I not "usually" the one doing that, you cannot find any examples of me doing it at all?

Beautiful that you think this "does speak well" for your memory!
Did I say you were the one making the formatting errors?  I believe I said you were the ones making empty replies to the posts with formatting errors.  It appears that in additional to your amazing ability to read into something that isn't there, you also have an amazingly ability to not be able to read something that is there.

Razgovory

Jesus Christ Guller, just ignore Grumbler.  He's trolling you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2010, 11:34:44 AM
Do we have state television in the US?  Is PBS state television?

It used to be Fox News, now I think it's MSNBC.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2010, 11:38:06 AM
Not, not yet.  Once he realizes he was wrong, then he would've been trolling me all along.  And don't call me Jesus Christ.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2010, 12:32:12 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2010, 11:38:06 AM
Not, not yet.  Once he realizes he was wrong, then he would've been trolling me all along.  And don't call me Jesus Christ.

Sometimes you are as dense as Siege.  Must be an immigrant thing.