Leaked video showing US helicopter shooting journalists and civilians

Started by Pat, April 06, 2010, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 11, 2010, 01:40:49 PM
What an odd threadjack...

I'm not about to let Grumbler out crazy me!  No matter what goofy shit he says.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 11, 2010, 01:47:58 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 11, 2010, 01:34:38 PM
I don't know about that, you seem incoherent and unable to express your thoughts clearly.  While you have many problems, which I'm always happy to list, lack of coherence has never been one of them until now.
:lmfao:  Always trying to make things about the poster, rather than the post, aren't you?

There is a phrase for that, from the latin.  Let's see if you can figure out what it is:  a_ hom___m

By all means, keep it up.  All it shows is that you are conceding you have no more arguments to make about the posts themselves any more.  The more you go off on this tangent, the more obvious it is that you have nothing to say.
What can I say, your posts always make people think of the poster.  In certain ways.

The Brain

The general idea that the poster is irrelevant to a discussion is quaint but retarded.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on April 11, 2010, 01:47:58 PM
I don't know about that, you seem incoherent and unable to express your thoughts clearly.  While you have many problems, which I'm always happy to list, lack of coherence has never been one of them until now.
:lmfao:  Always trying to make things about the poster, rather than the post, aren't you?

There is a phrase for that, from the latin.  Let's see if you can figure out what it is:  a_ hom___m

By all means, keep it up.  All it shows is that you are conceding you have no more arguments to make about the posts themselves any more.  The more you go off on this tangent, the more obvious it is that you have nothing to say.
'DGullible'?

Grumbler is always the first to break out the ad homs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on April 11, 2010, 04:57:21 PM
This thread is still going on :lol:
Just when you start to think it couldn't possibly still have any steam, Raz starts muttering about poisoning immigrants and arguing with the voices in his head!  :lol:

I sense a new meme in the making.  He seems to be competing for some kind of craziness prize, or something.  I think that, whatever it is, he is winning!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on April 11, 2010, 02:16:36 PM
The general idea that the poster is irrelevant to a discussion is quaint but retarded.

Well look who said it...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on April 11, 2010, 01:05:40 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 11, 2010, 12:43:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 11, 2010, 11:37:07 AM
What was the intent of your statement?

Read the statement again, trying not to move your lips, but going slowly enough that you don't miss any words:
QuoteEveryone is an immigrant in the real world, as far as I am concerned.  I think people place way too much emphasis on what people are as groups (based on things like origin) and too little on who they are as individuals.  when you consider that all people are born and all will die, that similarity drowns out any petty differences.
Now, think about what might be the intent behind a statement outlining how a person thinks about immigrants.

Could it be, just possibly, that a person intends to make a statement about immigrants?

Surely even you can figure out such a simple thing.  It isn't rocket science.

Is your point that immigrants have a lot in common with ants since they are individuals that are born and die?  If so I must respectfully disagree.  I put out poison and traps for ants but I don't think that would be ethical or effective really.

We could put poisoned tacos and tequila out at the bases of cacti. When they get wise to that, we move up to poisoned cocaine and prostitutes.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

grumbler

Good thing no one is arguing that, then, isn't it?

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2010, 07:04:14 PM

Well look who said it...
Who did say it?

Bayraktar!

DGuller

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 11, 2010, 07:31:18 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 11, 2010, 07:28:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2010, 07:04:14 PM

Well look who said it...
Who did say it?
The Brain. :smarty:
:huh:  The Brain isn't a general, and we are referring to a "general idea."

Bayraktar!

Agelastus

Quote from: grumbler on April 11, 2010, 07:50:42 PM
:huh:  The Brain isn't a general, and we are referring to a "general idea."

Nope. I've really tried, but this sentence doesn't work in any of the ways it seems it can be read. The grammar just doesn't work. You're worrying me Grumbler.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."