Leaked video showing US helicopter shooting journalists and civilians

Started by Pat, April 06, 2010, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on April 09, 2010, 09:36:29 AM
when you consider that all people are born and all will die, that similarity drowns out any petty differences.

:mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2010, 02:34:31 PM
when you consider that all people are born and all will die, that similarity drowns out any petty differences.

I think grumbler lit up the wrong stuff.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 09, 2010, 02:53:36 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2010, 02:34:31 PM

I think grumbler lit up the wrong stuff.
It is a deep thought, so don't worry your little head about trying to understand it. :mellow:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Strix

Quote from: grumbler on April 09, 2010, 08:44:48 PM
It is a deep thought, so don't worry your little head about trying to understand it. :mellow:

It's about as deep as the Himalayas. It sounds more like a cheezy bumper sticker.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

DGuller

Understand what?  Head?

dps

Quote from: DGuller on April 09, 2010, 09:17:30 PM
Understand what?  Head?

We know that you want to find out what it feels like to give the President head, but there was no reason to bring it up in this thread.

grumbler

Quote from: Strix on April 09, 2010, 09:00:12 PM

It's about as deep as the Himalayas. It sounds more like a cheezy bumper sticker.
I wouldn't expect you to understand it, either.  It is a simple concept to those that can understand, but an impossible one for those who cannot.  :hug:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on April 10, 2010, 12:04:12 AM
Zen grumbler isn't any more cute than vanilla grumbler. :(
It's a lucky thing that "cute" isn't one of my values, then.

Good luck finding "cute" posters on languish, though.  :hug:

Bayraktar!

garbon

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

DisturbedPervert

Article claims 30 minutes was cut from the full version of the video

http://gawker.com/5513068/the-full-version-of-the-wikileaks-video-is-missing-30-minutes-of-footage

QuoteWhat happened during that missing half-hour? The Jawa Report cites the sworn statements of the pilots involved in the attack. One pilot said in his statement that between the attack on the journalists and the second attack, two events occurred which may have softened the picture of the pilots provided by the video: 1) The pilots went to assist soldiers under attack, but saw a child and other "noncombatants" and held their fire. 2) The pilots saw a red SUV that may have contained insurgents, but held their fire because they couldn't get a positive identification. Here is the relevant part of the statement. (Click to enlarge.)