Leaked video showing US helicopter shooting journalists and civilians

Started by Pat, April 06, 2010, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2010, 11:36:47 AM
Did I say you were the one making the formatting errors?   
yes, you did. To wit:
Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2010, 06:15:36 PM
That's what it usually means, but here I almost always see it only when the original post has screwed up formatting.  It's also usually grumbler who does it.
"It" is a pronoun that refers back to the last gender-neutral noun - in this case, "[screwed up] formatting."

QuoteI believe I said you were the ones making empty replies to the posts with formatting errors.
That isn't what you said, as the bold above demonstrates.   In fact, i made that clear in the post to which you are now responding: "not only is not me that "usually" makes the formatting error that leads to the seemingly blank post, it is almost never me who does it."

Even if that is what you meant (but failed) to say, the statement that "It's also usually grumbler [making empty replies to the posts with formatting errors]" your memory also obviously fails you in the examples you cite, plus the one you are responding to in this thread, as there are three examples of my doing it, and four of others doing it.  Even in the most biased possible sample (all of the times I did it, plus only those doing it when I am or those doing it in this discussion) I am not "usually" "the one who does it."

QuoteIt appears that in additional to your amazing ability to read into something that isn't there, you also have an amazingly ability to not be able to read something that is there.
I can only read what is there, not what you meant but failed to say.  You, on the other hand, failed completely to comprehend my statement to which you are responding, even though I made sure that it was clear that I was referring to formatting errors.

So, what is amazing here is that your ability to ignore your own grammatical blunders, ignore my clear specification of what I refer to, and then blame your incomprehension on some imagined inability on my part!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2010, 11:38:06 AM
Jesus Christ Guller, just ignore Grumbler.  He's trolling you.
Sorry, just realized that the poster who fucks up the formatting in two of three examples posted by dgullible was you.  :blush:  That's gotta sting, and I understand why you now want this discussion stopped.  To avoid embarrassing you further, I won't refer to those fuckups any more.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 08, 2010, 01:42:44 PM
"It" is a pronoun that refers back to the last gender-neutral noun - in this case, "[screwed up] formatting."
What's the last gender-neutral noun before the bolded "it" in the following sentence?
QuoteAs you know quite well, not only is not me that "usually" makes the formatting error that leads to the seemingly blank post, it is almost never me who does it.

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2010, 12:48:54 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2010, 12:32:12 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2010, 11:38:06 AM
Jesus Christ Guller, just ignore Grumbler.  He's trolling you.
Not, not yet.  Once he realizes he was wrong, then he would've been trolling me all along.  And don't call me Jesus Christ.

Sometimes you are as dense as Siege.  Must be an immigrant thing.

Fuck you!

I'm trying to watch all this non-sensical debacle without saying a word, and you have to come in and blamish my good name.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Hey Raz, that guy in your avatar, is that the bald dude from Mythbusters?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jacob

For the record, I read DGuller's post to say what DGuller said he meant to say, not what Grumbler read it as.

But I'm an immigrant too.

Fate

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2010, 03:04:18 PM
For the record, I read DGuller's post to say what DGuller said he meant to say, not what Grumbler read it as.

Thanks for keeping the record straight.  For the record, I don't blame anything in this thread on anyone's status as an immigrant.  I consider them pretty much indistinguishable from real humans.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on April 08, 2010, 03:13:07 PM
Will grumbler "laugh" at the dogpile? :hmm:
:hmm:  Good question.

I predict a slight snicker, but no guffaw. Let's wait and see.

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2010, 03:04:18 PM

I guess we are all immigrants to the Bizarre World of Grumbler (tm).

Agelastus

Quote from: grumbler on April 08, 2010, 01:42:44 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2010, 11:36:47 AM
Did I say you were the one making the formatting errors?   
yes, you did. To wit:
Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2010, 06:15:36 PM
That's what it usually means, but here I almost always see it only when the original post has screwed up formatting.  It's also usually grumbler who does it.

And amazingly, I also understood exactly what DGuller meant when I read it first time, unlike Grumbler here. :P

QuoteThat's what it usually means, but here I almost always see it only when the original post has screwed up formatting.  It's also usually grumbler who does it.

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2010, 03:03:58 PM
Hey Raz, that guy in your avatar, is that the bald dude from Mythbusters?

Was it the tentacles that tipped you off?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2010, 05:22:48 PMI guess we are all immigrants to the Bizarre World of Grumbler (tm).

I'm surprised that there's a substantial amount of immigration there.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2010, 05:44:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2010, 05:22:48 PMI guess we are all immigrants to the Bizarre World of Grumbler (tm).

I'm surprised that there's a substantial amount of immigration there.
Marti can imagine as many immigrants as he wishes there.  It is, after all, his delusion, and he is welcome to it.  :hug:

Everyone is an immigrant in the real world, as far as I am concerned.  I think people place way too much emphasis on what people are as groups (based on things like origin) and too little on who they are as individuals.  when you consider that all people are born and all will die, that similarity drowns out any petty differences.

Bayraktar!