Leaked video showing US helicopter shooting journalists and civilians

Started by Pat, April 06, 2010, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2010, 06:15:36 PM
Quote from: sbr on April 07, 2010, 06:08:32 PM
I always assumed it meant they agreed with the statement that was quoted but felt it was obvious enough that it didn't need any more commentary.
That's what it usually means, but here I almost always see it only when the original post has screwed up formatting.  It's also usually grumbler who does it.

You may not have noticed but Grumbler is a jerk.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 07, 2010, 06:23:20 PM

He kept tripping Jesus while he was carrying that big ass cross.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2010, 06:26:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 07, 2010, 06:23:20 PM

He kept tripping Jesus while he was carrying that big ass cross.

And when Socrates was given the Hemlock he kept shouting "Chug!  Chug!  Chug!"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Alcibiades

Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2010, 04:51:35 PM
Hopefully someone will put a bullet in your brain first. :cheers:

I hope you get athletes foot in your mouth.  :console:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Kleves

Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2010, 05:43:08 PM
What the deal with people quoting mis-formatted replies without writing anything?  Is that some kind of an inside joke or something?
I've always assumed it was mocking people who fucked up the formatting.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

grumbler

Quote from: Kleves on April 07, 2010, 06:33:53 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2010, 05:43:08 PM
What the deal with people quoting mis-formatted replies without writing anything?  Is that some kind of an inside joke or something?
I've always assumed it was mocking people who fucked up the formatting.
You assume wisely.  People who fuck up the formatting don't appear to have added anything, since their words appear inside the quotes, and then there is some kind of a group reflex to duplicate that appearance.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

That's what it usually means, but here I almost always see it only when the original post has screwed up formatting.  It's also usually grumbler who does it.
:lmfao: 

I love the pout!  It fits you to a T.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2010, 07:02:22 PM

Your ability to read into something that isn't there is supreme, as always.  I was merely making making my observation, without imposing a value judgment on the action of replying with no text.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2010, 07:11:00 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2010, 07:02:22 PM

Your ability to read into something that isn't there is supreme, as always.  I was merely making making my observation, without imposing a value judgment on the action of replying with no text.

Again, the pouting. It is classic.

As you know quite well, not only is not me that "usually" makes the formatting error that leads to the seemingly blank post, it is almost never me who does it.  I did it the once, in fact, when the board was new (but I wouldn't expect you to know the precise number).  Your "observation" is, as many of your statements in this thread, untrue.  Nothing in that or my earlier statements that requires reading anything that isn't there.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

dps

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2010, 05:14:56 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2010, 03:32:59 PM
QuoteI do find it curious how what was at worst clumsy paraphrasing with no intention to mislead gets jumped on, but comments like dps's get a free pass.  His description of the events, that the van was picking up the bodies and the weapons, was wrong in very important ways, that could very well change the conclusion about the appropriateness of engaging it.
You didn't read dps's comments very clearly.  He says that "they fired on the van to keep the people in it from taking away the bodies and weapons" which is what the pilots themselves said. 

Yes, that's exactly where I got that bit--it was what the pilots said.  Reading DGuller's posts, I have to wonder if he watched the video with the audio off.

DGuller

I know that's what the pilots said when they wanted to get authorization to shoot.  However, I didn't just listen to the pilots when I was watching the video, I was also trying to see what they were actually shooting at.

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2010, 08:22:31 PM

As you know quite well, not only is not me that "usually" makes the formatting error that leads to the seemingly blank post, it is almost never me who does it.  I did it the once, in fact, when the board was new (but I wouldn't expect you to know the precise number).  Your "observation" is, as many of your statements in this thread, untrue.  Nothing in that or my earlier statements that requires reading anything that isn't there.
I recall you doing that way more than once.

DGuller

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2010, 12:09:53 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2010, 08:22:31 PM

I recall you doing that way more than once.
Ok, I decided to invest 10 minutes, just to check my sanity and memory.  Well, looking through grumbler's posts to prove such a pointless point may not speak well of my sanity, it does speak well for my memory.

http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3938.msg200876#msg200876
http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3946.msg200796#msg200796
http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3761.msg193305#msg193305

I stopped after getting the third one, with the third one being from about 7 weeks ago.  I'm sure I could rack up more if I went further, but this is enough to disprove your assertion.  Obviously an honorable poster like you would be quick to offer an apology for wrongfully calling me a liar.