News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Guess Luther can move the French chateau and Papal St Petes markers in his move file.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

I assume the Pope is gathering strength to start a kick-ass counter-reformation next turn?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

I'm going to play my home card to pull back treachery and hold it.  Will send out a board if no one gets there first.  Del I guess is up.

Delirium

:mad:

Who played Treachery this turn?

I pass. England is up.

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on April 17, 2009, 01:08:11 AM
I assume the Pope is gathering strength to start a kick-ass counter-reformation next turn?

Counter-reformation never works. I am just going to take over Italy instead.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on April 17, 2009, 01:15:39 AM
I'm going to play my home card to pull back treachery and hold it.  Will send out a board if no one gets there first.  Del I guess is up.

Did you send out a file or do you want me to do it?

Habbaku

No need for it, really.  Ehrie can handle it.

Ehrie, please adjust the French chateaux VP by +1 and the St. Peter's CPs by 3 when you do your new file/turn.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2009, 01:34:37 AM
Counter-reformation never works. I am just going to take over Italy instead.

I'm slightly concerned with the ahistorical thinking of Pope Berkster VII.

ulmont

Del, I played Treachery as my Diet card earlier in the turn.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#30: 2 / Tercios

Message from England:
Send an Explorer

File Sent. Winter is Henry and his three merc buddies back to London.

Berkut

Papacy has no winter either.

Hapsburgs still have 2 cards, and the Prots and French have 1. Is everyone passing the turn at this point?

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2009, 09:11:09 AM
Hapsburgs still have 2 cards, and the Prots and French have 1. Is everyone passing the turn at this point?

Yes.  Del passed, Ehrie is out of cards now, Tamas said he was passing, Berkut is out of cards, I pass, Habbaku is out of cards, so that's the action phase over.

Berkut

I will do the file, but someone else needs to do the ACTS card stuff. Not me. No way, no how.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on April 17, 2009, 08:58:30 AM
England: Play Card as Operations
#30: 2 / Tercios

Message from England:
Send an Explorer

File Sent. Winter is Henry and his three merc buddies back to London.

Fleets to Calais?

0 rows returned

ulmont

Winters:

Ottomans:
1 cavalry from Sofia to Salonika.
1 regular from Salonika to Istanbul.
1 cavalry from Nezh to Istanbul.
6 regulars and both leaders from Belgrade to Istanbul.

Hapsburgs:
????

England:
3 mercenaries and Henry from Edinburgh to London.

France:
Fleets to Rouen, no other winter.

Papacy: none

So if Del could kindly give us his winter?

Protestant: none