News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

I placed a colony and a merc in Valladolid.

England is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Why would you place a colony in a major city?  Seems rather counter-productive.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#70: 4 / Charles Bourbon

Message from England:
1/4 Hit Edinburgh again
4/4 Place Colony

No board access at the moment again. Could someone roll this for me please?

Habbaku

Already did it.  England won with no losses.  I'll make a file shortly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

File out.  Berkut's Papacy is up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Quote from: Habbaku on April 16, 2009, 02:25:12 PM
Already did it.  England won with no losses.  I'll make a file shortly.

:yeah:

ehrie

Quote from: Habbaku on April 16, 2009, 01:59:48 PM
Why would you place a colony in a major city?  Seems rather counter-productive.

:lol:...... :lmfao:

ulmont

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Delirium on April 15, 2009, 03:32:35 PM
I think the wise choice of the French bodes well for Europe. I am willing to offer you a card draw next turn if the English do so as well, with the caveat that if it's a certain Shcmamalaka league you draw, you must play it first impulse.
Not to butt in on your game, but that is a proviso, not a caveat.  :nerd:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

I play my home card for my chateau(?) VP.

Unless something unexpected, I am going to pass all the way. I dont really need any winter move, except for my fleets going back to  Rouen.

Berkut

I will play my remaining home card for St. Petes.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: grumbler on April 16, 2009, 06:10:01 PM
Not to butt in on your game, but that is a proviso, not a caveat.  :nerd:

Ah. Apologies.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2009, 12:35:54 AM
I will play my remaining home card for St. Petes.

That puts Ulmont up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien