News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Quote from: Delirium on April 17, 2009, 11:09:49 AMHmm, I won't get to it until 3 or 4 hours from now. Fleets to Gibraltar if anyone else feels up to it, otherwise I'll do it tonight when I get back.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

See?  Bold letters are everyone's friend.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

A white peace is simply not possible. Why would I do that?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2009, 12:36:44 AM
Why would a white peace be reasonable?  What does the Papacy gain from ending the war with France?

Hmm, I may have wrongly assumed that our own empire was included in the deal for a white peace, and as I offered a white peace with France, and will not back down from my word I will agree to peace. However, it was with the understanding that all three countries would be included.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

I will not conclude a separate peace though, unless the Pope wills me to.

Delirium

Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2009, 12:41:59 AM
A white peace is simply not possible. Why would I do that?

You have no reason to. I offered him white peace early in the turn.

Berkut

Uhh yeah, you might want to bring me in on those kinds of offers.

There is no real downside to me being at war with France, and plenty of potential upside. Converserly, for France, there is no upside to being at war with me, and plenty or downside. So why would I just give him peace for nothing?

I made him a extremely reasonable offer, and he refused.

I will get that card out of him one way or another. :pope:

0 rows returned

Delirium

I apologize to His Holiness (although it was made public here in the thread).

Will His Holiness allow me to make peace with France, or do you wish me to continue the war?

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on April 18, 2009, 12:53:20 AM
I apologize to His Holiness (although it was made public here in the thread).

Will His Holiness allow me to make peace with France, or do you wish me to continue the war?

I have no issue with you making peace.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Delirium

My Winter is now in a file near you.

Delirium

Okay, I need some opinions. I made no secret of the fact that I held the Shcamalalkalsd leage last turn and it was one of the two cards I saved. However, as was pointed out, it is a Mandatory Event and cannot be held. On the other hand, it says it must be played for the event, which cannot happen turn 1, so I thought it was excepted.

Would be much easier if the card wasn't added to the deck until turn 2, but since the Protties rarely have 12 spaces turn 1, I guess it's usually not an issue.

The question is what to do in this game. I could hold it, or discard it and draw another, or discard it and assign a chance of someone drawing it this turn, around 30 in 110.

Habbaku

Ulmont's opinion will carry a bit more weight on this, I think.  I am of the mind that either we just assume the Habsburgs drew it (being able to draw it turn 1, but not hold it or play it as event is very weird) or roll a die to settle the matter.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

It is an anomaly. I posted on Consimworld as well.

Tamas

If indeed the Schalmalkedic Leauge gets to stay in Habsburg hands this turn, I welcome white peace with them, as a gesture of good will and common effort to stop the monster which is growing in germany.