And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2009, 10:25:27 AM
Let the diplomacy begin!

I say we give it until Tuesday, since maybe people will be away for the weekend.

Sounds reasonable.

Delirium

My Winter is Charles, 1+3 to Besancon, and the lone guy in Germany to Vienna.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Del, you should probably send out a new file with your winter, since you are the only one who wasn't done. Don't forget your fleets.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

And while I appreciate the card, it actually happens as a result of the diplomatic phase - it should not be in my hand yet.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Gave the Pope his due as well. Commencing diplomacy now.

Hmm, I won't get to it until 3 or 4 hours from now. Fleets to Gibraltar if anyone else feels up to it, otherwise I'll do it tonight when I get back.

Okay, what do we do now, can you give it back?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

0 rows returned

Berkut

The file update can actually wait until SDs and such.

0 rows returned

Berkut

The Protestants will be glad to know that despite our best efforts, the French refuse to end the war on reasonable terms, instead electing to prosecute a distracting struggle that only serves Luther and his minions.

We regret that this places the Kings mortal soul in peril, and we may be required to react appropriately, regardless of our desire for peace and our desperate pleas for the same.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2009, 11:53:44 AM
The Protestants will be glad to know that despite our best efforts, the French refuse to end the war on reasonable terms, instead electing to prosecute a distracting struggle that only serves Luther and his minions.

:hug:

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on April 17, 2009, 11:04:54 AM
My Winter is Charles, 1+3 to Besancon, and the lone guy in Germany to Vienna.

Where are your naval squadrons going?  That is important.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on April 17, 2009, 09:21:52 AM
Habbaku gave us his winter already

Indeed, I was first to post it.  Big, bold letters aren't enough for some people.  Next time, I will raise the font level for our elderly players.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

What the Pope is doing is insane. I call for white peace.

Habbaku

What is the Pope doing that's so insane?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I do believe that a white peace is reasonable in these troubled times and will speak to Pope Berk VII in private to learn his feelings on the matter.

Habbaku

Why would a white peace be reasonable?  What does the Papacy gain from ending the war with France?

-J. R. R. Tolkien