And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Papacy: Play Card as Event#104: 3 / Trace Italienne

Message from Papacy:
Add a fortress to any unfortified space (even if under Unrest or controlled by another power). Unless space is independent or in unrest, add 1 regular to that space from the counter mix of the power in control of the space.

Add a fortress and 1 Papal regular to Modena                
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

QuoteProtestant: Play Card as Event
#81: 3 / Indulgence Vendor

Message from Protestant:
German translation, committing Melanchthon.

German New Testament now at 4 CP.

Back to Habbaku.

Habbaku

The Ottomans successfully sack Belgrade with minimal losses (1 cavalry, which I noted in ACTS but forgot to take off the map--Del, please do so).  In addition, 1 cavalry each were raised in Nezh and Sofia to patrol the lines.

Habsburgs are up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I think the wise choice of the French bodes well for Europe. I am willing to offer you a card draw next turn if the English do so as well, with the caveat that if it's a certain Shcmamalaka league you draw, you must play it first impulse.

In other news, Habsburg fleets maneuver the Mediterranean. England is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

0 rows returned

ehrie

I don't agree. I know we're all concerned about the Prottys and all, but I don't want the Papal player getting 2 mercs and 2 cards for a 3 CP card. I'm still willing to gift you some amount of mercs, 2 or so, but not a card. I don't have access to a board. I plan to play a 1 CP card to assualt the Scots. Can someone roll that for me and I'll ditch the card when I get back?

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on April 15, 2009, 05:21:15 PM
I plan to play a 1 CP card to assualt the Scots. Can someone roll that for me and I'll ditch the card when I get back?

QuoteProtestant: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 9

Message from Protestant:
Rolling the English assault on Edinburgh.

4 dice from units (3 regulars, 4 mercs, / 2 and round up)
1 die from Henry (1 battle rating)
=
5 English dice.

3 dice from units (3 regulars)
1 die from being the defender
=
4 Scottish dice.

English dice are first.

English get 2 hits, Scots get 1 hit.  Edinburgh is reduced to 1 Scottish defender and England crunches a merc.

Tamas is up.

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 11:29:23 AM
Quote from: ulmont on April 15, 2009, 10:49:34 AM
It leaves you up, and with the 100% conviction that the Hapsburgs and the English do not want to pay you what it's worth to play cloth prices fluctuate as an event.

Well, that isn't the case, now is it? Seeing as Del just said that the deal with France may change his mind?
I don't agree.

:lol:

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on April 15, 2009, 06:19:26 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 11:29:23 AM
Quote from: ulmont on April 15, 2009, 10:49:34 AM
It leaves you up, and with the 100% conviction that the Hapsburgs and the English do not want to pay you what it's worth to play cloth prices fluctuate as an event.

Well, that isn't the case, now is it? Seeing as Del just said that the deal with France may change his mind?
I don't agree.

:lol:

Del was talking about Del's mind, not ehrie the stubborn who apparently is a big fan of the protestants and their 13 conversions on turn 1 so much that he is willing to screw himself rather than let the Pope deal with them.

No amount of reason can overcome obstinacy though, I guess. Don't back down no matter what!

0 rows returned

Habbaku

I think it is perfectly reasonable for Ehrie to offer mercenaries along with Del's offer of a mercenary and a card in combination to "pay" for the event play.  The Habsburgs can far better afford to pay things than the English can, by virtue of having the ability to get more cards in the first place.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Well, at the risk of pissing off the Hapsburgs, I will make one last offer:

1 card from the Hapsburgs next turn.
3 mercs from England next turn.

So Del pays 1 less merc, and ehrie pays 1 more. AT least that would be an median CP value for the card he gets this turn.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Edit: I will agree to that deal, but nothing less from England.

Tamas is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Barbarossa and the barbary pirates set up base, while a new French colony is established in the New World (I forgot to place it on the map, please put it there, dear Pope)

Delirium

Try again, dear Frenchy, your colonies cost 3 cp each.

Tamas

Quote from: Delirium on April 16, 2009, 07:19:47 AM
Try again, dear Frenchy, your colonies cost 3 cp each.

Thats how I remembered, but the chart in the CB box said 2. Anyways, build a regular in Paris instead.