News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

This game eats too much time.
Too much thinking of 'i need to be online at 5 to build research, send off my fleets, etc...'
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Never played WoW, eh Tyr?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Fireblade

Szmik you fucking traitor. <_<

szmik

Quote from: Agelastus on March 17, 2010, 08:51:01 PM
Should the Agelastan Imperium take this disavowal of the Szmikerian Merchant Republic's own general as a refusal to meet our just requests for compensation for the unwarranted and destructive incursion into our territory?

I guess it is rhetorical question considering Agalestan fleet incursion.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

szmik

Quote from: Fireblade on March 18, 2010, 08:13:49 AM
Szmik you fucking traitor. <_<
Republican fleet just secures interests of its merchants from Firebladian enemies as Fireblade Empire is unable to do it on its own.
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Agelastus

Quote from: szmik on March 18, 2010, 10:58:27 AM
Should the Agelastan Imperium take this disavowal of the Szmikerian Merchant Republic's own general as a refusal to meet our just requests for compensation for the unwarranted and destructive incursion into our territory?

I gave you well over twelve hours to respond, didn't I? You can have no complaints given you started this. :P
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

szmik

Quote from: Agelastus on March 18, 2010, 11:02:28 AM

I gave you well over twelve hours to respond, didn't I? You can have no complaints given you started this. :P

Well, I must sleep and work, just so you know ;)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Fireblade on March 17, 2010, 08:00:34 PM
Et tu, Tonitrus?

THEN FALL FIREBLADE. :(

Alrai will serve as atonement for the fallen of Arided.  The Tonitrian Hive thanks you for your generosity.  You need not fear further invasion.   

Barrister

Quote from: Adolf Hitler, 1938
You need not fear further invasion.

:P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Agelastus

Quote from: szmik on March 18, 2010, 11:07:46 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on March 18, 2010, 11:02:28 AM

Well, I must sleep and work, just so you know ;)

Since you disavowed your admiral AFTER I'd messaged you in-game requesting reparations, and then waited 15 hours after clarification was requested, I repeat you can have no complaints.  :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2010, 08:08:02 AM
Never played WoW, eh Tyr?
Oh yeah, its not the worst. I used to play Planetarion, Hyperiums and the like.
But the first post advertised it as a one day log in thing
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Uh, it is log in once a day. Around payday would be best.  :hmm:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Agelastus

Quote from: Jaron on March 18, 2010, 03:51:16 PM
Uh, it is log in once a day. Around payday would be best.  :hmm:

Which would have meant me logging in to find Dnoces lost, probably irretrievably. Yesterday was quite frantic at times.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Jaron

In my experience, that is more likely that you weren't paying attention. Unless you have an enemy star practically overlapping yours, it simply is not possible for them to get a fleet there so quickly you don't even see it coming. And if such a star IS that close, you should either have a fleet there or be keeping a close watch on your environs. Laziness is not an excuse in this game.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Agelastus

Quote from: Jaron on March 18, 2010, 04:50:47 PM
In my experience, that is more likely that you weren't paying attention. Unless you have an enemy star practically overlapping yours, it simply is not possible for them to get a fleet there so quickly you don't even see it coming. And if such a star IS that close, you should either have a fleet there or be keeping a close watch on your environs. Laziness is not an excuse in this game.

Don't be a dick - up until a few hours ago, my scan range was the lowest in the game, as you should be aware if you were paying attention. And of course it was garrisoned - Szmik calculated that 70 ships would beat the garrison given my obvious concern with Ulmont (as he could have deduced from our respective posts), but didn't allow sufficient margin for the possibility I could shuffle in additional forces quickly enough. He risked a third of his fleet of the time on the gambit, anyway. Szmik launched his ships blind, and got bloody lucky. He caught me shuffling forces because of the tension with Ulmont, but if he'd launched 30 minutes later, he wouldn't even have held Dnoces for the 20 minutes he did. On the other hand, if I'd ignored the game, I wouldn't have been able to shuffle the forces and make the bargains I did that let me win.

Besides, the two relevant stars are almost exactly 0.75 light years apart. As soon as one side or the other gains the first speed tech, surprise is possible if you only log in once every 24 hours as you suggest.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be