News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I'm not sure I would play this game with people I don't know.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on March 17, 2010, 06:29:04 AM
Damn non-loginers.

Agreed.

LaCroix's disappearance is a real boon to Berkut and to a lesser extent Tonitrus.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

szmik

I'd like to join next game too if there's place. I guess newcomers have priority.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Tamas

How do I join a new languish game?

Barrister

This game is interesting because I still don't have a great sense of what is the optimal strategy.  I took a few nearby planets - but should I go on the offensive?  Build up my sysstems?  Build up my military?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Agelastus

Well...

That was slightly annoying, perhaps even a tad unpleasant. :bowler:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

Star System: Unknown
Date: ??.??.???? ??.??.?? UTC

The conference room was becoming a familiar sight for the Imperium's admirals. But today it was different. Today, they were at war.

"Well, Admiral," the Imperator said, "please update me on the situation."

"Yes, Imperator. Within the last hour, the Szmikian fleet we have been tracking since it penetrated our frontier reached its' target, the Dnoces system. The enemy force consisted of the carrier 'Alrakis 1' and 70 ships. The Dnoces system was defended by the system defence fleet and the Formidable battle group. Unfortunately, the Bulwark and Retribution battlegroups entered the system a short time after the Szmikian forces had emerged from their own jump-corridor. This failure to arrive prior to the Szmikians proved costly.

"Fighting bravely, our forces were able to destroy the majority of the Szmikian vessels, but we lost the Formidable and all of our defending ships. Moreover, the remaining ships were able to launch a planetary bombardment before either the Bulwark or the Resolution battlegroups could interfere. The damage to our economic facilities was severe. Our battlegroups were able to destroy the remaining enemy vessels and retain possession of the system, but we have been somewhat inconvenienced by this foolhardy attack by our eastern neighbour."

"I see. I trust plans are in hand to deal with the Szmikians?"

"They are in motion, my lord, but will take some time to initiate. Given the loss by the Szmikians of nearly a third of their fleet, the foreign affairs bureau has suggested that they may be willing to offer reparations for their unwarranted aggression in return for a return to neutrality on our frontier."

"Hmmm..." The Imperator sat and thought for some minutes. "If they come up with a suitable offer, I will not look askance at it. But it had best be swift, for I lack patience and would see the Szmikian systems burn in recompense for this atrocity."

The Imperator motioned for his officers to leave the room. When they had all left, he activated the holographic starfield at the centre of the table and contemplated it. A single tear ran down his cheek in memory of his slaughtered citizens at Dnoces.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on March 17, 2010, 01:57:26 PM
How do I join a new languish game?

I'll make another game soon and send you the pass.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Agelastus on March 17, 2010, 07:28:24 AM
Damn non-loginers.

Agreed.

LaCroix's disappearance is a real boon to Berkut and to a lesser extent Tonitrus.

Except for all the ships sitting on his systems.  ;)

Agelastus

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2010, 07:24:05 PM
Damn non-loginers.

Agreed.

That's why I emphasised Berkut over you. He has a lot more free systems to expand into on his side of LaCroix than you do on yours.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Tonitrus

Quote from: Agelastus on March 17, 2010, 07:26:53 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2010, 07:24:05 PM
Damn non-loginers.

Agreed.

That's why I emphasised Berkut over you. He has a lot more free systems to expand into on his side of LaCroix than you do on yours.

Though he will provide a nice "buffer zone" there...unless the AI goes nuts and attacks.

Fireblade

Et tu, Tonitrus?

THEN FALL FIREBLADE. :(

szmik

Szmikerian Merchant Republic doesn't take responsibility for actions of rebelling general who tried to found his own kingdom in Agalestean space destroying Fleet of the Republic in the process.
We appreciate your help in killing him, but our loss is far greater.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Agelastus

Should the Agelastan Imperium take this disavowal of the Szmikerian Merchant Republic's own general as a refusal to meet our just requests for compensation for the unwarranted and destructive incursion into our territory?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Jaron

The Eternal Empire of Jaronesia requests aid in repelling an invasion by Habbukian monks!
Winner of THE grumbler point.